Ken Grossman is one of America’s craft beer pioneers, and his company’s success story is one of the industry’s most interesting and inspiring journeys. “The beer got in my veins,” says the founder of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. in this video. “It was exciting and also terrifying.” The high caliber production above was released in December and artfully details the 30-plus year history of the Sierra Nevada brand with images, music and fans of the beer. In 2011, Sierra Nevada was the second largest craft brewery in the United States, according to the Brewers Association’s latest report, but it wasn’t always so easy. “I remember the first day I was trying to sell beer in Chico [Calif.],” Grossman says in the video. “I’d say 90 percent of them or more hated it, but the 10 percent who loved it, loved it.” After more than three decades, it appears Sierra Nevada’s pioneering spirit is stronger than ever.
Search The Site
- HoneyMoon Brewery wins grand prize in Miller Lite’s Tap the Future competition
- Sin City Brewing will soon have four locations in Las Vegas
- Everything you need to know about Green Flash’s Virginia Beach grand opening (Nov. 13)
- Delaware’s Iron Hill continues setting records with its 20th consecutive GABF win (45 medals overall)
Sign up for our newsletter
Most Popular Today
- What is the growth potential of craft spirits in the U.S.?
- Quick tip on marketing beer to women (and an entire book on it too)
- Enjoy this excellent overview of the Minnesota craft brewing scene (then plan a brewcation)
- Anheuser-Busch wants into your garage now, buys the largest homebrew supply company
- Details on the expansion of New Hampshire’s Schilling Beer Co.
- Poor barley crop in Canada could raise craft beer prices
- R&D tax credit opportunities for craft breweriesOctober 24, 2016
- What is the growth potential of craft spirits in the U.S.?October 20, 2016
- Enjoy this excellent overview of the Minnesota craft brewing scene (then plan a brewcation)October 19, 2016
- Environmental design: Turn your brewery into an immersive brand experienceOctober 18, 2016
- Four Ts at Four: What a brewery needs to know about its IP before considering a saleOctober 17, 2016
- Great Moments in Craft Beer: Canadian brewers protest a corporate ‘Oktoberfest’ by throwing ‘Craftoberfest’ next doorOctober 13, 2016