What beer styles and brands were trending toward the end of 2016?
Well, when it comes to what’s popular on draft, the folks at BeerBoard have some solid insights on buying habits. BeerBoard monitors over 50,000 draft lines on a constant basis. Of note: BeerBoard also has its BeerBoard Display, a digital consumer-facing menu display system it sells to restaurants, and the BeerBoard Menu, an automated print and website menu (on top of a consumer mobile application).
BeerBoard also recently launched another helpful product — the BeerBoard Style Report — a monthly snapshot of trends and facts for styles of beer poured across the United States. These reports are based on actual pour volume. Here are some interesting trends we picked out of the November 2016 report:
- One of the most popular Winter Warmers on the market [a BeerBoard category], Great Lakes Christmas Ale is the clear favorite of beer drinkers in November. It ranks #1 within the style. Expect to see that solidified in the December report.
- Thirsty Dog 12 Dogs and Harpoon Winter Warmer rank #2 and #3, respectively. These two brands were a large part of the style’s growth in November.
- It is safe to say that New Holland Brewing is putting out some fantastic Wild Ales/Sours. It features the #1 and #4 ranked Wild Ales, with its Mischievious (#1) and Michigan Nightmare (#4).
- Founders Breakfast Stout continues its hold as the #1 poured American Imperial Stout. The brand’s pour volume grew in November, solidifying its position.
- American Imperial Stout jumps 10 places to #35 overall for styles in November.
- New Holland Tripper Noche (#3) and Other Half Smokescreen and Oil Slicks (#4) entered the market and instantly cracked the Top Five for American Imperial Stouts poured.
To learn more draft factoids, read the entire BeerBoard Style Report for November right over here.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.