From across the pond comes a killer beer-focused event idea. Beer and women forum Dea Latis ran its popular ‘Beers with Breakfast’ tasting for the fifth year, this time at the new Drake & Morgan venue at Kings Cross, London. Around 30 guests, including brewsters, marketeers, trainers and journalists enjoyed a five course breakfast, with each dish matched to a different beer. Expert instruction was provided by Beer Sommelier Annabel Smith; Jenn Merrick, head brewer at Beavertown Brewery and newly crowned Brewer of the Year 2015; Genevieve Upton, Brewster at Marston’s; and Emma Harris of Freedom Brewery.
The beer and breakfast matches were:
- Yoghurt Granola with poached seasonal fruit and brioche with Lemon Phantom, Beavertown Brewery;
- Avocado on rye bread with hummus, lemon + chilli with Schiehallion Craft Lager, Harvioustoun Brewery;
- Eggs Florentine with Liberty Pilsner, Freedom Brewery;
- Smoked salmon with cream cheese on sourdough with Gentleman’s Wit Witbier, Camden Brewery; and
- Buttermilk pancakes with bacon and maple syrup with Shipyard American IPA, Marston’s.
The event was the fifth pre-Christmas Beers with Breakfast tasting from Dea Latis, who have also paired beers with cheese, chocolate and tapas. In November, the group also ran a tasting event for female MPs in the Houses of Parliament.
For even more ideas on how to run your own event, check out our archive of brewery event ideas and case studies by clicking here.