Fieldwork Brewing Co. has brewed well over 500 unique beers since opening its West Berkeley brewery in February 2015. It’s also opened seven different locations since then — Berkeley, Corte Madera, Monterey, Napa, Sacramento, San Mateo and San Ramon taprooms and beer gardens. Those are impressive stats. Let’s add another one. Fieldwork Brewing announced plans to open its largest open-air beer garden and indoor taproom to date in downtown San Leandro in spring 2022. From the press release:
“We are thrilled to expand our East Bay presence with the largest Fieldwork beer garden and taproom yet in San Leandro,” said Barry Braden, CEO and Co-Founder of Fieldwork Brewing Company. “As with all Fieldwork’s locations, the San Leandro beer garden and taproom will provide the best hospitality, a casual environment, and exceptional beers — as fresh as possible and directly from the source.”
It’s hard to get the feel of the venue from these watercolor-style teaser photos. This location is a former 1960s Firestone Auto Service Center, which will be reimagined into a 7,800-sq-ft craft beer destination at 1495 East 14th St. in San Leandro. Imagine exposed steel framing, an indoor space featuring 285 sq ft of windows with a 65-person capacity, three large rollup garage doors and a 265-person capacity outdoor beer garden (4,780 sq ft) that’s partially covered. The beer garden features a 75-year-old olive tree as its centerpiece (pictured above).
Other cool details about this venue:
- An abundance of comfortable seating options includes lounge areas with designated fire pits, loveseats with coffee tables, picnic table seating, bench seats encircling planters, and a standing bar room area.
- Ample beer garden bicycle parking is available, as well as a dedicated kids’ area.
- The indoor taproom has 32 tap handles with wrap-around bar seating and picnic table seating areas.
- Fieldwork’s Neapolitan-inspired pizza menu developed by Chef Jeffrey Amber (Culinary Director, Fieldwork Brewing Company) utilizes organic flour from Central Milling (Logan, Utah) and fresh whole peeled organic tomatoes sourced from Rob DiNapoli (Los Gatos, Calif.). Spring vegetables and artisanal meats will shape the opening menu with 10 different pizza styles. Starters include many health-conscious options, and a children’s menu will be available.
- The San Leandro Fieldwork Taproom and Beer Garden will have upwards of 18 beers on the menu and will present live music and other A&E programming.
Now, enjoy some other news on Fieldwork Brewing: