Local Cleveland icon Great Lakes Brewing Co. (GLBC) is entering a year of rediscovery in 2015. Next year, the northeast Ohio staple is celebrating the new year by honoring their past and telling the authentic story of one of America’s first craft breweries.
In May of 2015, GLBC will launch a refreshed logo and packaging artwork featuring unique rejuvenated illustrations. The new designs, developed by an artist who will be revealed in January, explore the history and quality craftsmanship essential to the GLBC brand. GLBC will launch the refreshed look around Memorial Day, starting with their five year-round brands: Dortmunder Gold Lager, Eliot Ness Amber Lager, Burning River Pale Ale, Commodore Perry IPA, and Edmund Fitzgerald Porter. All subsequent packages will be released with the refreshed look, following GLBC’s rotating seasonal calendar (see below).
Prior to the launch of the new look, spring of 2015 will see the release of a Spring Variety Pack featuring two new brands and two fan favorites previously only available in the GLBC brewpub. Portions of the sales of the Spring Variety Pack will benefit GLBC’s Green Tour program partners.
“We want this refresh of the brand to be a rediscovery for our loyal fans as well as a way to tell the Great Lakes story to new customers,” said Co-Owner Pat Conway. “Each of our brands tells a unique story from the Great Lakes region, and revealing those stories through these high quality illustrations will make our packaging as great as the beer inside.”
2015 Seasonal Release Program:
- January: Conway’s Irish Ale
- March: Chillwave Double IPA
- April: Rye of the Tiger IPA
- April: NEW Spring Variety Pack with three of each of the following styles: Session IPA, Kolsch, Belgian Single, Belgian Wit (names coming soon; package will not sport refreshed look.)
- May: NEW SEASONAL Alberta Clipper Porter (package will not sport refreshed look.)
- June: NEW SEASONAL American Wheat (name coming soon.)
- July: Lake Erie Monster Imperial IPA
- August: Oktoberfest
- September: Nosferatu Imperial Red Ale
- November: Christmas Ale
- November: Blackout Stout