Ollie is here to help craft breweries streamline operations. Shall I introduce you? A part of Next Glass Brewery Solutions, Ollie Ops is a purpose-built, all-in-one software platform, streamlining brewery operations, order fulfillment, inventory, reporting, ecommerce and more. It’s also affordable and easy to use, probably because it’s built by brewers for brewers. This product has impressed us so much here at Craft Brewing Business that we have partnered with Ollie Ops to get the word out on this brewery-specific software solution. I have two perfect options for you to learn lots more. First off…
- Ollie Ops will be hosting a webinar with Craft Brewing Business on Wednesday, Sept. 21 (from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. EDT), to help breweries and beer pros discover how to streamline brewing operations with this top tier software. Sign up right here!
- OR, read this excellent Ollie Ops Brewery Management Software Whitepaper (click here!). Read how the Ollie team, with years of industry experience, are constantly brewing up ways to make their comprehensive brewery management software more streamlined and efficient. This white paper explains five ways Ollie Ops can increase a craft brewery’s efficiencies.
Ollie Ops’ technology allows brewers to manage business activities from grain to glass, while juggling production, wholesale and retail orders. Of course, managing a process from raw materials through finished goods is only part of the story when it comes to producing beer, right? Leveraging Ollie Ops lets craft brewers dig into all the nitty gritty details of their business, boosting the bottom line. Here’s an example: Cost of Goods Sold or COGS. Ollie will do COGS calculations driven by product all day long. Ollie measures the cost of every batch and incorporates loss in your final packaged product. Popular features include:
- Comprehensive Recipe Management — A recipe management tool keeps all of your recipe’s specifications in one tab, including the grain database, projected starting gravity, grain bills, color and even instant IBU calculations.
- Zeroing in on Batch Costs — Ollie calculates exact COGS and cost of every batch, incorporating loss in the final packaged goods. Track miscellaneous costs on batches, fruit, salts, chemicals and more.
- Track Travel Costs of Raw Materials — Track loss between tanks and different packaging runs to see how inefficiencies affect your final goods cost. Even compare vendors to get your best pricing.
It’s comprehensive but not complex. Ollie Ops’ easy-to-use interface is an extension of the brewer’s natural workflows for processes in the brewery. Manage your tasks and your employees’ tasks with a simple and intuitive task system that will alert your employees when they have new jobs to complete. Ollie’s drag-and-drop scheduler makes it simple to schedule all your fermentations. Click on a date to schedule a brew and simply drag it around to put it right where it needs to go. It’s that easy. No more dealing with paper brew logs, wet hands and lost pens. Simple one-click brew log entries allow you to record all of your important data and get back to making beer.
To learn more, I highly suggest you check out our webinar on Wednesday, Sept. 21, at 1 p.m. EDT. Here are our speakers:
Kyle Kensrue is a brewery solutions account executive at Next Glass (parent company of Ollie Ops). He worked in the hospitality industry for 10 years before moving over to the brewing world. As director of operations at Randolph Beer (Brooklyn, N.Y.) he was in charge of developing their brewing program, to go along with their bar and restaurant group. He also spent time as the director of operations at the award-winning Gun Hill Brewing (Bronx, N.Y.). Kensrue is a Certified Cicerone and former president of the NYC Brewers Guild.
Dustin Jeffers is a solution consultant at Next Glass. He received his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Connecticut and his Master’s Degree from Florida Atlantic University. He has been in the beer industry since 2012, working at Saltwater Brewery as the head brewer/chief operations officer and at 3 Sons Brewing Co. as the director of operations. Jeffers has been a part of multiple aspects of the brewing industry including brewing, front of house, sales and operations.
The webinar is free. Sign up right here.