“Craft is a weird term nowadays, but I kind of look at it, and I want the industry to start defining itself through independence.” It’s a very interesting first line from this teaser For the Love of Craft, a documentary short produced by the Brewers Association (BA), Studio C3 and Charlie Papazian. The film premiered at the 2019 Craft Brewers Conference in Denver and will premiere internationally at beer festivals in Canada and Sweden this fall. The film is available now to BA members who can download and screen the film for free.
The film’s inspiration grew from the BA archive of photographs and more than 80 hours of filmed interviews with innovators of the craft beer industry. It includes craft celebs from Kim Jordan to Ken Grossman. As of today, the film will be screened at the following locations:
- Montclair Brewing, Montclair, New Jersey; Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019
- Fishweir Brewing, Jacksonville, Florida; Thursday, Sept. 19, 2019
- Bell’s Brewery, Kalamazoo, Michigan; Monday, Sept. 30, 2019
- Archetype Brewing, Asheville, North Carolina; Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019
- Great Swedish Beer Festival, Malmo, Sweden; Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019
- North Carolina Brewers Guild; Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2019