In addition to IDD Process & Packaging’s ongoing keg and flash pasteurization systems business, its main focus has shifted to its HEBS brewery that is innovating craft brewing versatility, efficiency and sustainability.
According to Jeff Gunn, president and chief executive officer, IDD’s 20 Hl (17 bbl) HEBS is able to provide maximum efficiency and low environmental impact with an output of up to 60,000 Hl (50,000 bbl) per year.
“This size system has by far proven to be the most popular out of the four sizes developed (10, 20, 30 and 40 Hl) because it can be almost doubled in output to achieve up to 100,000 bbl per year by ‘mirror’ imaging the brewhouse equipment to the other side of the mash filter,” Gunn said.
This brewery is skid mounted, prepiped, prewired and tested at IDD’s factory for a two-day setup on site prior to connecting the services to single points on the skid. Although the price is higher than a standard brewery, Gunn says HEBS are three times faster and overall 30 to 40 percent more efficient when taking into account the following facts:
1. A brew every two hours is possible (instead of a brew every five to seven hours)
2. The use of any fermentable grain or cereal is possible (malted and non malted)
3. 20 to 35 percent less water usage (no weak wort)
4. 10 to 15 percent less grain used
5. Up to 98 percent extract
6. Rapid starch conversion (less than 40 minutes)
7. 65 percent spent grains solids (no wort wasted)
8. Less energy due to less water pumped and fast turnaround per brew (you can turn the lights off earlier)
9. Brew style flexibility and innovation not possible on a Standard System
10. High degree of automation and control via Allen Bradley PLC & HMI
11. Completely skid mounted, prepiped and wired for fast installation
12. Work a normal eight hour day and complete three to four brews without being a slave to your passion.
13. Up to 10 percent better hop utilization.
14. Double the output by adding another set of brewhouse tanks and work platform to the mash filter.
Stop by IDD’s booth, No. 707, where the company will be showing the HEBS, its small keg systems and mobile CIP systems. And whether you are going or not, be sure to check out this awesome three minute video covering all things HEBS.
IDD Process & Packaging – HEBS from Mike Gan on Vimeo.
Oak Park Brewing Company says
Oak Park Brewing Company liked this on Facebook.
IDD Process & Packaging’s innovative HEBS brewery system: CBC Preview – Craft Brewing Business http://t.co/7oVdj0pywa via @craftbrewingbiz