L.J. Star, a leading provider of process observation equipment, has introduced its exclusive LumiFlo LED light. Designed to improve visibility for inline sight inspections, the LumiFlo LED light is an innovative hands-free solution that can be easily attached to nearly any inline full view sight glasses in process fluid lines.
Sight glasses are used to observe process steps in a wide variety of industries, ranging from heavy-industry chemical plants to sleek pharmaceutical facilities. Whether for witnessing mixing, verifying flow, observing reactions, and documenting cleaning in material processing, utilities or food and beverage industries, fool-proof process observation depends on sight glass windows, sight glass flow indicators and efficient lighting designs.
Until now there wasn’t a viable solution for identifying issues during inspections when the site flow was located in a dimly lit remote area of the manufacturing plant – making it extremely difficult to see. The breakthrough innovation of the LumiFlo LED light allows operators to clearly see color, flow and particles moving through the sight glass and to visually inspect product quality, clarity, viscosity and consistency, all with a unique hands-free device.
“We identified a great need in the industry for a simple solution like this,” said company President David Star. “Our customers told us stories about how they’ve used the light from their cell phones or a flashlight to try and illuminate dark flow indicators, particularly where there are a lot of shadows. Flashlights usually don’t cast enough light and often produce glare, complicating the inspection process. That’s why we are so excited to bring an exclusive solution like the LumiFlo light to the market.”
Designed to prevent microbial and mildew growth using nano materials, the LumiFlo LED light provides more value than just its affordable price tag. It also saves time during cleaning which avoids costly downtime in the plant and ensures better safety for on-site inspections.
Features of the LumiFlo light
- FDA compliant silicone enclosure with antimicrobial additives that will not yellow
- Designed to prevent microbial and mildew growth using nano materials
- Easily and securely attaches mechanically under the sight glass thru-bolts without the use of additional fasteners due to its omega design
- Perfect color temperature light output from LED tube, with 98% CRI (Color Rendering Index) to identify actual flow colors
- Operating voltage: 24VDC with M12 connection
- Watertight seal for external Clean-In-Place (CIP) maintenance
- Optional battery pack for additional power for remote, hard-to-wire locations
- Optional light shield that easily clips to the back of light and reduces unwanted glare
For applications where improved lighting provides optimal process visibility, the LumiFlo LED light fits standard sanitary and industrial full-view sight glasses for sizes 1” through 2 ½”.