Quality was top of mind at the Craft Brewers Conference this year (as you may have heard), and one piece of equipment on the exhibit floor garnered a ton of interest as a result: the Hamilton Beverly from Gusmer.
The Beverly is a portable dissolved oxygen (DO) meter designed for at-line and laboratory use in small and midsize breweries. The Beverly incorporates Visiferm B DO optical sensors into a robust, all-in-one unit that can be used for checking DO in beverage processes and is a solid turn-key solution to process or QA monitoring.
- Measuring range: 4ppb to 25 ppm DO
- Response time: Less than 30 seconds
- Operating temperature: 0-80 C
- Operating pressure: 0-10 bar
- Unit weight: About 10 lbs
- Continuous battery life: 50 hours
- Measurement principle: Oxygen dependent luminescence quenching
- Optical DO probe: Visiferm B
- Protection Classification: IP 67 watertight standards
The Beverly has a rugged design to handle the environmental extremes encountered in everyday brewing operations — lugging it around to measure the DO of the bright tank prior to bottling, measuring DO during or after filtration or measuring DO in a bottle or can or in an empty tank.