In late May, more than 3,000 people from 68 countries journeyed to Lexington, Ky., for the Alltech REBELation, a conference exploring innovation, inspiration and world-changing ideas. Keynote speakers including General Colin Powell, former Procter & Gamble global marketing officer Jim Stengel; futurethink CEO Lisa Bodell; and University of Kentucky men’s basketball coach John Calipari were joined by experts from Google, McDonald’s, Whole Foods, JBS, The HANOR Company, Buffalo Wild Wings, Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Maker’s Mark and more to discuss strategies for transforming business, agriculture, food and beverage and life.
Great ideas, however, should not be limited to the confines of a conference. To spark a further “REBELation,” recorded presentations from the Alltech REBELation are now available online through the Alltech Idea Lab. For businesses of the brewing persuasion, check out the following:
- “Making our Mark on the Bourbon Industry,” Bill Samuels, Jr., chairman emeritus at Maker’s Mark Distillery
- “Riding the Craft Beer Wave,” Greg Koch, CEO and co-founder of Stone Brewing Co.
- “The Voice of Craft Distilling,” Bill Owens, founder and president of American Distilling Institute
- “Never Underestimate the Quiet Ones,” Dr. Pearse Lyons, president and founder of Alltech
- “Love Thy Partner,” George Fisher, founder and president of Cavalier Distributing
- “When Craft Beer Came to Chengdu,” Dr. Mark Lyons, global vice president and head of Greater China at Alltech
- “Enjoy Every Sandwich,” Sam Calagione, founder & president of Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
- “Where Art Meets Science,” Dr. Inge Russell, editor of Journal of the Institute of Brewing, and Mark Phipps, technical director for operations at Alltech Lexington Brewing and Distilling Co.
Those who missed the event are able to access the multimedia content by purchasing a $195 virtual pass. Head over to the Alltech website for a virtual pass to the virtual conference.