Despite the trend of decline in sales volume at craft breweries across the country, Colorado-based Bootstrap Brewing Company continues to celebrate success. Bootstrap has reported a +23 percent increase in sales YOY while the Colorado craft market overall is reported to be down double digits.
How’d it happen? Bootstrap Brewing attributes its growth to increased sales of flagship beers, an expansion of distribution territories, the release of innovative new products, and national account execution and programming.
“I’m fortunate to work with such an outstanding and hard-working team at Bootstrap” explained Geoff Hess, Director of Sales. “Every day their passion and dedication to producing high quality craft beer in a can reminds me of the good ole days! Our attention to detail and focus on the consumer experience is the reason we are experiencing a groundswell of momentum.”
Sales Growth: Bootstrap Brewing saw a 25.7-percent growth in 2020 and a 541 percent increase in barrels produced since 2015. The company expects to grow another 10 percent or more in volume this year. Brands experiencing YOL growth:
- The company’s flagship beer Insane Rush IPA
- Lush Puppy Juicy IPA
- Mixed Beer Party pack
Additionally, Overall distribution is up +29 percent and off premise national account business is up +71 percent.
New Distribution Territories: Bootstrap Brewing added four new distribution partners in the first half of 2021 that now serve Southwest Colorado, Northwest Wyoming and Eastern Kansas. The company has additional agreements in place to soon begin shipping to Kansas City in both Kansas and Missouri, Utah and Idaho.
Innovations and Beer Launch: The company released new products and packaging options:
- Spring 2020: Bootstrap releases 2 innovative 12 packs:
- The Sparkalicious Party Pack features 3 flavors of delicious hard seltzers that emulate favorite cocktail flavors. Real fruit used in Sparkalicious Hard Seltzers sets them apart giving the products natural color and flavors.
- Mixed Beer Party Pack features five of their award-winning craft beers and 2 of the popular Sparkalicious hard seltzers. The mix of beer and seltzer in the same pack is a unique offering making it an easy grab-and-go option for households desiring a variety of options.
- Winter 2020: Bootstrap releases Strapless Non-Alcoholic IPA and Gold in 6 packs. The innovative manufacturing process uses low temperature and low pressure to evaporate, separate and filter the beer, allowing for optimization of quality and flavor. Strapless non-alcoholic beers are made to taste like traditional craft beers while providing the ability for longer days on the trail or longer nights with friends.Summer 2021: Bootstrap releases Insane Rush IPA 12 pack
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.