BrewDog announces the world’s first craft beer airline! from BrewDog on Vimeo.
I fly a lot. It’s not glamorous. In fact, it’s the goddamn pits. But when I am trapped in a giant flying metal Tylenol at 30,000 ft, I do like to have an alcoholic beverage. I conveniently forgot that the biggest side effect of air travel is already dehydration. Up in those friendly skies, your flatulent, germ-filled plane air probably has about 12 percent humidity. For comparison, the air in the Sahara Desert is usually about 25 percent humidity. That’s why everyone recommends you drink water when on a plane.
So, I’m assuming the hangovers accrued by flying round trips from London to Columbus, Ohio, on BrewDog Airlines should reach impressively pure forms of desperation. Like so:
Just coming good after a killer hangover. Time to crack a coldie. pic.twitter.com/TIs42XXuNe
— Brittanie 💅 (@Brittanieanne_) July 3, 2016
Still, fun idea.
The airline will be for Equity Punks (crowd-funding investors) in Europe and will include a four-night stay in Columbus with a tour of BrewDog’s C-bus brewery, a walking tour of Columbus bars and breweries and a day trip to Cincinnati for additional beer- and food-related high-jinks. The cost will be £1,250 per person (about $1,600 US). The flying experience itself will include:
- The highest ever beer tasting onboard with a brand-new beer designed to taste better at altitude!
- BrewDog-inspired dining on board, all paired with BrewDog beer and served by Cicerone-trained cabin staff.
- The BrewDog Network as inflight entertainment.
- BrewDog Beer and specially canned LoneWolf cocktails on the flight.
- Flight care package including a BrewDog eye mask and a BrewDog blanket.
Pass me a puke bag, bro. Then, another beer.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.