We definitely encourage readers to go out and visit a local brewery (if they can, safety first) to celebrate the 13th-Annual San Diego Beer Week (SDBW), presented by the San Diego Brewers Guild (SDBG). It’s easily one of the best beer weeks in America. From November 5 to 14, fans will enjoy a ton of cool events taking place at 150+ craft breweries throughout the San Diego region. But hey, if you can’t make it out (we get it), you can still participate. As part of the 2021 SDBW lineup, the SD Beer Tasting Experience is now available to order and offers (California fans only) a convenient, virtual tour of more than 20 indie beers from the craft mecca. Also, each packaged tour will contain a fest brewski — the 2021 Capital of Craft IPA — a West Coast-style IPA, of course.
From the press release:
“With events taking place throughout the county over the span of 10 days, San Diego Beer Week is a great opportunity for fans to get out, explore a new tasting room or brewery and try an array of delicious beers from the Capital of Craft,” said Paige McWey Acers, Executive Director at the San Diego Brewers Guild. “Plus, with the SD Beer Tasting Experience, we’re giving fans in California an opportunity to have San Diego Beer Week delivered straight to their door. It’s the perfect option for craft beer enthusiasts who wish to savor and learn more about our region’s award-winning brews without leaving home.”
Makes me want to move to California. These festivities begin with the Fourth Annual Virtual Kick-Off Toast on Friday, Nov. 5, at 7 p.m. PT. Fans are invited to join the digital bash by sharing content on social media using #SDBEER and #SDBW21.
More about these tasting tours
Organized by the SDBW, the SD Beer Tasting Experience comprises two curated packages of local craft beer, which ships directly to fans in California. Each box features the 2021 Capital of Craft IPA, additional beers from award-winning breweries, detailed tasting notes, and access to video interviews with the brewers.
Tasting Tour #1
- Abnormal Beer Co. | Strata Mind West Coast IPA
- AleSmith Brewing Company | Speedway Stout with Mexican Dark Chocolate, Sea Salt, and Mexican Coffee
- Belching Beaver Brewery | Dichotomy IIPA
- Burgeon Beer | Treevana IPA
- Embolden Beer Co. | Hidden Paradise Hazy IPA
- Mission Brewery | Shipwrecked IIPA
- Second Chance Beer Company | Frosty the Hazeman Hazy IPA
- Stone Brewing | Fear.Movie.Lions Hazy Double IPA
- TapRoom Beer Co. | Runaway Lawnmower Cream Ale
- WestBrew | La Costa IPA
- Wild Barrel Brewing Company | Vice Watermelon Apricot Fruited Berliner Weisse
Tasting Tour #2
- Ballast Point | Victory at Sea Imperial Porter with Coffee and Vanilla
- Chula Vista Brewery | Hilltop West Coast IPA
- Coronado Brewing Company | Palm Sway Island-Style IPA
- Harland Beer Co. | Japanese Lager
- Karl Strauss Brewing Company | Tangible Fruited IPA
- Lost Abbey | Noble Tendencies Czech-Style Pilsner
- Owl Farm Unique Fermentations | Watermelon Tajín Gose
- Pizza Port Brewing Company | Dream Trip IPA
- Pure Project | Subconscious Mind Murky IPA w/ Nelson Sauvin, Strata & Hallertau Blanc Hops
- Rouleur Brewing Company | DOPEUR Juicy IPA
- Societe Brewing Company | World Of Wonders Hazy IPA
Only 175 boxes of each tasting tour are available to order while supplies last. Proceeds from the SD Beer Tasting Experience support the San Diego Brewers Guild. To order one of the SD Beer Tasting Experience boxes, visit sdbeer.com for more information.
2021 Capital of Craft IPA
Honoring San Diego’s craft beer community, SDBG brewery members collaborated to create the 2021 Capital of Craft IPA, a West Coast-style IPA available during San Diego Beer Week. Starting Friday, November 5, the specialty collaboration beer will be served on tap and in 16-ounce four-packs throughout San Diego County for a limited time.