Every year, prior to the annual Craft Brewers Conference & BrewEXPO America, we ask exhibitors to tell us what will be at their booth to preview the show. Below is one such preview. For all of our CBC coverage this year, search #CBC2016 or click this link. See you in Philly.
You’re going to want to stop by booth #3048 at the Craft Brewers Conference & BrewEXPO America in Philly to see Burkert‘s new Type 8681 control head. The Type 8681 has been optimized for the automation of pneumatic hygienic process valves. It is universally adaptable and can be combined with all commercially available valve types that utilize a rising stem upper actuator configuration.
Burkert says it is ideal for use in severe wash down applications because the control head is durable, easy to clean, features IP 65/67 protection and positive pressure electronic housing and is made from chemical-resistant materials. The Type 8681 performs all pneumatic actuation, feedback and diagnostic functions, as well as bus communication. Depending on the process valve, as many as three pneumatically actuated seat movements can be controlled independently. The feedback system provides precise information about seat location and movement improving upon the safety these processes require. Other features include:
- Pneumatic module for 0…3 pilot valves, 200 l/min (variable +/-) and integrated check valve
- Position feedback function via analog sensor for monitoring strokes up to 85 mm; 3 positions configurable via teach-in function; plus connection for external proximity switch
- Three-color visual status display (green/yellow/red) with high-power LEDs
- Electrical supply via AS-i bus, DeviceNET or 12 to 28 VDC
- Electrical connection via terminals or M12 plug connectors
- Pneumatic connection G1/4-inch., G1/8-in. connections
- Protection type IP65 and IP67 combined with IP69K
- Approved for Class 1 Zone 2 by ATEX II 3 G/D
Here’s some more reading on Burkert if you are curious.