The California Craft Brewers Association announced the launch of the California Craft Beer Summit and Brewers Showcase to connect California’s thriving craft brewing industry to beer enthusiasts across the state. This first-of-its-kind event will profile California craft beer and celebrate the brewers whose creativity and passion have formed the world’s most coveted beers.
“Behind every beer is a great story,” said Tom McCormick, executive director of the California Craft Brewers Association. “We want craft beer enthusiasts to experience this vibrant industry and learn about craft beer from their favorite California brewers.”
The summit will bring together retailers, wholesalers, brewery owners, beer enthusiasts and homebrewers for an educational, hands-on experience where they will be able to see, touch, smell and taste beer. The summit will culminate in a craft beer festival and brewers showcase where more than 150 California breweries are expected to pour, including Sierra Nevada, Firestone and Stone Brewing Co. The two day summit and brewers showcase will be held in Sacramento on Sept. 11 and 12.
“This summit is a celebration of the craft beer culture in California and across the nation,” said David Walker, board president of the CCBA and founder of Firestone Walker Brewing Co. “It’s time we celebrate the hundreds of craft beer drinkers and California breweries who have crafted the world’s finest beers.”
Highlights from the upcoming event include:
- Tap Talks: Beer masters will host interactive sessions to discuss beer styles, brewery origins and brewing processes;
- Master Demos: Food and beer pairings from California’s top brewers and chefs;
- Experience the Craft Sessions: Educational sessions with craft beer professionals to explore the business of brewing;
- Beer Releases: New beers will be released from California’s top brewers;
- Farm-to-Glass: Exhibits will showcase the process of the brewing industry;
- Happy Hour: End the night with IPAs and appetizers
“The craft brewing movement began in California and has grown to include 500 small breweries, more than any other state in the country,” McCormick said. “This event will connect this growing industry with the fans that created the demand for fine, craft beers.”
Tickets for the event will be released March 2015 along with a complete summit schedule. More information can be found at www.cacraftbeersummit.com.