In celebration of the national Craft Brewers Conference taking place in Portland this month, Cascade Brewing will be hosting the inaugural Sour and Wild Invitational from April 14 to 18 on the production side of the Cascade Brewing Barrel House, 939 SE Belmont St.
The Sour and Wild Invitational will feature a number of exclusive Cascade blends alongside unconventional – and in some cases rare – sour and wild beers from breweries around the country. There will also be a limited food menu available, as well as a merchandise and bottles sale station. Hours for the event are 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. on April 14-16, 3 p.m. to midnight on April 17 and noon to midnight on April 18. There is no admission to attend the event. Admittance will be limited to ages 21 and over.
The event will sell 8-ounce pours of the specialty beers; payment is by cash or credit. The lineup will rotate throughout the five days. Following is an ever-growing list of guest breweries/beers that are scheduled to appear:
- 7venth Sun Brewing, Dunedin, Fla.: Watermelon Berliner, Square Peg & Round Hole
- Allagash Brewing Co, Portland, Maine: Resurgam & Golden Brett
- Almanac Beer Co., San Francisco: Farmer’s Reserve Strawberry & Rum Barrel Peche
- Beachwood Brewing, Long Beach, Calif.: Tart Simpson
- Block 15 Brewing, Corvallis, Ore.: Peche & Golden Canary
- Crooked Stave, Denver: Motif & Nightmare on Brett
- de Garde Brewing, Tillamook, Ore.: Special Rouge & Saison Deuxieme
- Epic Brewing, Salt Lake City: Old Sage Brett & Golden Brett
- Green Bench Brewing, St. Petersburg, Fla: Push It & Apple Brandy Barrel Aged Sour Stout
- Jester King Brewery, Austin, Texas: Ol’ Oi & Nocturn Chrysalis
- Logsdon Farm Brewery, Hood River, Ore.: Seizoen Bretta & Cerasus
- New Belgium Brewing, Fort Collins, Colo.: Love Blackberry Oscar & Love Cherry Felix
- Night Shift Brewing, Everett, Mass.: Ever Weisse & Orion
- Perennial Artisan Ales, St. Louis: TBD
- Real Ale Brewing, Blanco, Texas: Tenebrae Aeterna & Imperium
- Russian River Brewing, Santa Rosa, Calif.: Supplication & Beatification
- Sante Adairius Rustic Ales, Capitola, Calif.: Cellarman & Palimpsest
- The Bruery, Placentia, Calif.: Befuddlement & The Wanderer
- The Commons, Portland, Ore.: Citrus Myrtle
- The Lost Abbey, San Marcos, Calif.: Framboise de Amorosa & Cuvee de Tomme
- Trinity Brewing Co, Colorado Springs, Colo.: Koelorado, 365 Day & Red Swingline
- Upland Brewing, Bloomington, Ind.: VinoSynth White, VinoSynth Red, Dantalion & Permission Slip
- Wicked Weed Brewing, Asheville, N.C.: Red Angel, Medora Blackberry Raspberry Sour & Genesis Blonde Sour
Cascade Brewing, which is known worldwide for its NW style sour ales, will be featuring dozens of its sour beers; some of the highlights include Cheri d’Amour, Cherry Bourbonic, Hibiscus Rose, Honeycot, Mad Mango, Manhattan 2013, Melon Melange, Pineapple Wheat, Shrieking Violet, Vintage 2011 Elderberry, Vintage 2012 Frite Galois and Vintage Blackberry 2009.
Cascade will also be selling vintage bottles of past favorites, including, but not limited, to Apricot 2012, Bourbonic 2011, Figaro 2012, Kriek 2012, Sang Noir 2012, Strawberry 2012, The Vine 2012 and Vlad the Imp Aler 2011.