The Moerlein Lager House is one of Cincinnati’s premier brewpubs. Prominently situated in the dynamic Smale Riverfront Park, the Moerlein Lager House offers a truly Cincinnati craft experience — a working microbrewery producing a full line of Moerlein craft brews and delectable fare featuring spent grain breads, hand-carved sandwiches and smoked rotisserie meat (foods reminiscent of those served in the city’s celebrated 19th century beer gardens).
Fast forward to today, and Moerlein Lager House is looking to celebrate American Craft Beer Week with specials and events. An increasing number of small and independent breweries around the country recognize this week in a variety of ways, and the Moerlein Lager House has announced an impressive week-long lineup of activities (below).
“It’s an exciting time for the craft brewing industry,” said Richard Dube, brewmaster and vice president of brewing and quality for Christian Moerlein Brewing Co. “One difference from the first better beer movement is knowledge. Even the novice professional brewers are producing some very interesting, complex new offerings. As long as the craft beer community keeps on challenging itself, and understands its role of educator, the sky is the limit. The more the industry focuses on quality and guiding the public to move away from their comfort zone, the more the market will be receptive to new, bolder creations.”
The design of the Moerlein Lager House was created to greatly enliven the dining experience by offering sweeping views of the park, the Ohio River, the Roebling Suspension Bridge and Great American Ballpark from both its indoor dining spaces and its expansive outdoor biergartens. In a city that cherishes its beloved brewing legacies, the Moerlein Lager House has already become a tribute to its history and culture.
Moerlein Lager House American Craft Beer Week Events:
- Monday: All bottled craft beer will be on sale for 50 percent off.
- Tuesday: Growlers and growler refills of Moerlein beer will be offered at an additional discount: $11 growler a fill, $6 refill only.
- Wednesday: Founders Brewing Co. beer dinner (SOLD OUT). Our beer dinners feature beers from guest breweries paired with special menus created by our executive chef.
- Thursday: Meet the Brewer — Jeremy Kosmicki, Head Brewer at Founders Brewing, will share his personal story on how he went from a home-brewer to professional. He will also talk about the state of the craft beer industry and how it has evolved over the past 15 years. Reservation information will be on our Facebook page.
- Friday: Hop Shop Tapping — Cream Ale hopped with the 7 C’s (Falconer’s Flight hops: a blend of Centennial, Columbus, Crystal, Chinook, Cascade, Citra and Cluster)
- Saturday: Moerlein Lager House Heritage and Brewery Tours (reservations can be made online at http://arestravel.com/5649_attraction-tickets_a1201.html)
- Sunday: Moerlein Lager House Heritage and Brewery Tours plus Tapping New Holland’s Blue Sunday
For more information on the Moerlein Lager House American Craft Beer Week events, visit their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/moerleinlagerhouse.