Hark, festive CBB readers. Gather ‘round ye relatively new office hearth and let us reminisce about our favorite holiday beers. Great Lakes Christmas Ale? Ninkasi Sleigh’r Dark Double Alt Ale? He’Brew’s Chanukah, Hanukkah: Pass The Beer? Those are all fine, fine festive beverages, but near the top of that list for us Kriss Kringles has to be Rogue Ales and Spirits and its Santa’s Private Reserve Ale.
This American amber/red ale is a yuletide tradition in the CBB household and recently became available in 12-ounce bottles, serigraphed 22-ounce bottles and on draft. In honor of this Christmas elixir, here are 10 things you might not have known about Santa’s Private Reserve Ale.
- It’s the only bottle featuring the real Santa Claus.
- The beer is crafted without the use of twigs, spices or fruits.
- Santa’s has won 10 awards, including three World Beer Championships gold medals.
- Oregon-grown liquid Christmas, Santa’s is brewed with Rogue Farms grown hops and barley.
- The bottle’s snowflakes glisten and glow in the dark.
- It pairs well with Christmas cookies.
- It’s been a seasonal favorite for 15 years and counting.
- The recipe was inspired by the original St. Rogue Red.
- The beer is double-hopped in the brew kettle.
- Ratebeer.com gives it a style score of 98.
Tis the perfect time to enjoy your favorite winter or holiday brew. Just remember: Support local and buy independently owned. Pssst! These beers also make great gifts — just see below.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.