You may have heard that the New England Craft Brew Summit, the region’s only business-to-business event for the brewing industry, is taking place Friday, March 31, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the University of Southern Maine Abromson Center, Portland, Maine. If you haven’t already decided to attend, this list of great workshops might do the trick.
Below you will find expert speakers from the worlds of brewing, agriculture, tourism, legal, human resource and marketing.
10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Creating a Distinct and Sustainable BrandYour HR Toolkit- HR tools that are required by law, and others that simply make good business sense.
- Finding and Using Grants & Tax Incentives to Grow your Business
- All About Hops- How to properly source, contract and evaluate hops
- Maintaining Safety and Quality Standards
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Distribution Panel- A discussion on distribution from all sides, moderated by author Laura Lodge
- From 10 Barrels to 20,000- Managing risk during growth
- Tell Your Story: A PR Crash Course for Brewers
- Brewers Association Safety: presented by BA Safety Ambassador Matt Stinchfield
- Using Barrels in Brewing- A hands on workshop that covers sourcing, repairing and using barrels
2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Financing 101- How to access capital and plan for financial success
- Destination Breweries- Operating a craft brewery in a town of 37
- Beer Server Training with Ginger Johnson and Laura Lodge
- Getting the Most out of Malt- Understanding malt quality and impact on brewing
- Quality Control Panel- An exploration of QC with Dr. Luci Benedict of USM’s QC2 Lab
- Creating an Eco-Friendly Brewery