Because the Fourth of July is on Saturday this year, that gives America three days to drink beer and handle meat. Got a hankerin’ for grillin’ up something new? Oskar Blues offered up its iconic Beer Can Chicken recipe for the weekend celebration. Happy grilling!
- One (1) 3-lb. delish chicken
- One (1) Oskar Blues can of bliss
- Salt & pepper Rev. Rog’s BBQ Rub
- One (1) beer can holder to hold the can
- Covered gas grill that heats to at least 400 degrees
- Heat covered gas grill to 375 degrees. Season bird inside and out with all seasonings.
- Drink half an Oskar Blues beer. Put the other half in the can holder.
- Stick chicken on the can/can holder.
- Cook the bird on top of the can for about an hour and a half or until bird reaches 180 degrees. Stick meat thermometer thru the breast to the middle of thigh to insure proper temp.
- Keep the direct flame off bird throughout cooking.
- Serve with homemade coleslaw or potato salad and corn on the cob.