The 2014 Craft Brewers Conference (CBC) Commemorative Beer is an innovative collaborative project involving 145 Colorado Brewers Guild members. For months, Colorado brewers have been developing dozens of ideas for this special brew. The official 2014 CBC beer will be called Centennial Pale Ale in connection with Colorado being known as the Centennial State.
The Centennial Pale Ale is the first American craft beer to use the Ball Corp.’s new Dynamark Variable Printing Technology. The variable print technology will create a collection of cans that will spell “CBC Colorado 2014” when aligned with the full collection of cans available to CBC attendees. In addition to the Dynamark Variable Printing Technology, the Centennial Pale Ale demonstrates the innovative nature of Colorado’s craft beer culture by being the first-ever CBC collaboration beer to be packaged in a can, a 19.2 oz. single serve can that was introduced to the U.S. market in 2013.
Centennial Pale Ale:
- List Item
- Colorado is known as the Centennial State.
- First-ever CBC Collaboration brew with 100% ingredients from the host state. Brewed with Colorado ingredients including Colorado-grown Centennial Hops.
- The Centennial Pale Ale demonstrates the innovative nature of Colorado’s craft beer culture by being the first-ever CBC collaboration beer to be packaged in a can.
- The beer will be packaged in 19.2 oz single serve cans, first introduced in 2013 by Ball Corp.
- The Centennial Pale Ale will be the first American craft beer to use the Ball Corp.’s new Dynamark Variable Printing Technology.
- Centennial Pale Ale was brewed and canned at Oskar Blues Brewery in Longmont, Colo., on Feb. 24 at 10 am.
Sponsors and Partners
Beer Ingredients: All ingredients and supplies were donated by the following companies.
Colorado Malting Co. – Malt
Colorado Hop Yard – Hops
Rising Sun Hop Farms – Hops
High Wire Hops – Hops
Todd Hopps – Hops
Oskar Blues Hops and Heifers Farm – Hops
New Belgium Brewing – Hops
The Brewing Science Institute – Yeast
Ball Corp. – 19.2 oz cans and Dynamark Variable Printing Technology
Oskar Blues Brewery – Host Brewery
Strange Brewery – Brewed test batches on pilot system