Craft beer brands learned how important the packaged, off-premise channel was during the pandemic, but it’s also a business with a lot of hurdles. The grocery store shelf is packed, the distribution relationship is a marriage and there’s so much more equipment to purchase and to learn how to use and maintain — bottle fillers, canning lines, seamers, labelers, various washing and drying machines, accumulation tables, conveyors, case packers, uncasers, case erectors, partition inserters, palletizers, depalletizers, OMG.
How do you even start to understand the scope of the packaging industry?
I highly suggest one important event, and it’s this week in Chicago. The packaging and processing industries are set to come together to share innovations, connect with colleagues, hear from experts and see machinery at the most comprehensive packaging and processing show in the world in 2022, PACK EXPO International (Oct. 23-26, 2022; McCormick Place, Chicago), produced by PMMI. From the press release:
“As the industry’s largest gathering place, PACK EXPO International is back and better than ever,” says Jim Pittas, president and CEO, PMMI. “No other event this year will showcase entire production line solutions and offer everything needed to compete in today’s changing marketplace.”
The past several years brought about vast advancements in equipment, materials, and technology, and PACK EXPO International will showcase these new, never-before-seen solutions in one place. The show covers a lot of industries, but there will be plenty to look at for craft breweries. Here are a few new and notable showstoppers you shouldn’t miss:
- The Processing Zone, located in Lakeside Center, returns to Chicago larger than ever before. This show floor destination integrates front-of-the-line food and beverage processing solutions with the packaging advances on display, to offer one convenient location for attendees to solve their biggest challenges.
- The explosion of e-commerce and the latest supply chain challenges has brought about the brand-new Logistics Pavilion, located in the North Building, where attendees can address warehousing, fulfillment, and transportation needs in one convenient location.
- Workforce remains a top priority at PACK EXPO, with many opportunities to get students excited about packaging and processing careers. In addition to the prestigious Future Innovators Robotics Showcase, educational Amazing Packaging Race and Students PACK the Expo programs, this year six teams will face off in a brand-new machine building PACK Challenge, sponsored by PepsiCo.
- The Industry Meets at PACK EXPO with targeted ancillary industry events hosted by a record number of association partners as part of the Partner Plus Program. In addition, Association Partner thought leaders will present the latest industry trends on the Industry Speaks stage throughout the show.
- The PACK EXPO Green Program is the commitment of PACK EXPO and all its partners, vendors, and exhibitors working together to create a more sustainable world. Attendees can find information and resources to aid and advance their company’s unique sustainability goals with the PACK EXPO Sustainability Solutions Finder.
To keep track of all the new additions as well as old favorites, attendees can use My Show Planner to check the schedule of booth activities, add itinerary sessions, and plan routes around show floor. The show’s mobile app, sponsored by ProMach, is the perfect on-the-go solution to search exhibitors, products, and education sessions, create and save a personal agenda, and navigate from booth to booth using the interactive map —plus, it syncs with your My Show Planner. Search “PACK EXPO” in the App Store, Google Play, or visit packexpointernational.com/app.
PACK EXPO International is open now and runs through Wednesday, Oct. 26. Registration is $130 and is available onsite or online at packexpointernational.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.