PureMalt just partnered with Gusmer Enterprises to bring its Crafted line of malt concentrates to U.S. craft breweries. This diverse range of post-fermentation concentrates can be used for color adjustment, creating distinct color hues and restoring body, foam and mouthfeel. We chatted with Ron Duszanskyj at the Gusmer booth at the 2019 Craft Brewers Conference and BrewEXPO America to learn how it works.
The PureMalt Crafted Range includes:
- Maitland Pale: Made from the finest Scottish pale malt; pale straw in color, with a clean, malty flavor
- Aitchison’s Caramel: Made from the finest Scottish Cara Malt; gold in color, with a sweet caramel malt flavor
- Countess Crystal: Made from the finest Scottish Crystal Malt; ruby-garnet in color, with a dark caramel flavor
- Montgomerie Chocolate: Made from the finest Scottish Roast Malt; brown in color, with mocha, coffee and chocolate flavors
- Hogarth Roast: Made from the finest Scottish Roast Malt; black in color, a savory roast flavor
- Bruce’s Black: Made from the finest Scottish Roast Malt; pitch black in color, with a smooth roasted flavor