As a craft brewery, what’s your first step into packaging? Kegs? Mobile canning services? Perhaps a smaller footprint, entry-level automated canning line?
Let us introduce you to Twin Monkeys’ Mancos. Operating at an output of 10 cans per minute (for 12-oz vessels), the Mancos can do up to 600 cans per hour or 25 cases. Get a feel for the unit’s crazy small size (40 in. long by 33 in diameter by 30 in. in height) and purple majesty in the video above. Weighing only 250 lbs and constructed of 304 stainless steel and anodized aluminum, the Mancos can handle a variety of can sizes too, including Crowlers, sleek, slim and, of course, standard cans.
The Mancos is a starter unit designed for companies needing lower cost, lower volume canning capabilities — especially beer makers that are looking to experiment with different can diameters. It’s fully automated — purge, fill, lid apply and seam (you can add rinse and dry with a deluxe option). There’s simple, quick change-over between can sizes. Lids are placed on foam, there are adjustable timers for all system functions and it has CIP/SIP for its fill system, noting the Mancos footprint is too small for automated pre-fill rinsing.
There are cool options as well. There’s integrated liquid nitrogen dosing, which adds a drop of LN2 to each can just before lid apply. There’s a full guarding cage, which encloses the machine in a clear plastic box. Then there’s the Advance Take Pack set of add-ons, which include:
- Automated tank pressure controller to maintain beverage pressure for perfect fills
- Automated fobber to add the perfect foam to each can for advanced oxygen reduction
- Post-seam rinse/dry module to clean the cans prior to packaging
- Automated fill raise to determine the precise time to withdraw the filler
- Utilities monitoring to ensure machine stops if the supply air and purge gasses are insufficient
Learn more by watching the video above or roll over to Twin Monkeys’ website right over here.