BrewDog doesn’t do subtle. The multinational brewery and pub chain based in Ellon, Scotland (Columbus, Ohio, in America), often embraces aggressive, irreverent and maybe sometimes gimmicky marketing initiatives. Beer porn. Its 55 percent ABV End of History beer presented in a taxidermy squirrel. That Pink IPA variant for women. Gambling with investor money.
Yet, it’s hard to argue with the quality of the company’s beer, and it’s hard to argue with what the brand considers its values. BrewDog just released a new video, restating what the company and employees believe in, and it’s a pretty impressive list. Example: BrewDog gives away 20 percent of its profits each year to philanthropic efforts. That’s an amazing number. Here’s what else BrewDog believes in (from the video above):
- We believe in world-class craft beer
- We believe in community ownership. Our business is part owned by a community of over 70,000 beer lovers from all the planet.
- We believe in giving back. Business can be a force for good. We give away 20 percent of our annual profits.
- We believe in radical transparency – from our beer recipes to our financials and from our profits to our future plans.
- We believe in being a great employer. We believe that our longterm destiny will be completely dependent on how well we look after our amazing people.
- We believe that good people drink good beer.
- We also believe in ghosts.
There are more, but you’ll have to watch the video above.