Sure, hops get all the harvest press this time of year, but let’s not forget about the backbone of beer: The barley. Word is circulating that barley yields may take a hit this year. Like any agricultural product, the availability of malted barley can be impacted by a wide range of weather and economic factors, both locally and globally. But it’s looking pretty good for Briess Malt and Ingredient Co., as the company recently shared this harvest video. While we’ll keep you updated with all the barley news, let’s just sit back for a moment and enjoy. Roll that beautiful barley footage!
Search The Site
- HoneyMoon Brewery wins grand prize in Miller Lite’s Tap the Future competition
- Sin City Brewing will soon have four locations in Las Vegas
- Everything you need to know about Green Flash’s Virginia Beach grand opening (Nov. 13)
- Delaware’s Iron Hill continues setting records with its 20th consecutive GABF win (45 medals overall)
Sign up for our newsletter
Most Popular Today
- What is the growth potential of craft spirits in the U.S.?
- Quick tip on marketing beer to women (and an entire book on it too)
- Enjoy this excellent overview of the Minnesota craft brewing scene (then plan a brewcation)
- Anheuser-Busch wants into your garage now, buys the largest homebrew supply company
- Details on the expansion of New Hampshire’s Schilling Beer Co.
- Poor barley crop in Canada could raise craft beer prices
- R&D tax credit opportunities for craft breweriesOctober 24, 2016
- What is the growth potential of craft spirits in the U.S.?October 20, 2016
- Enjoy this excellent overview of the Minnesota craft brewing scene (then plan a brewcation)October 19, 2016
- Environmental design: Turn your brewery into an immersive brand experienceOctober 18, 2016
- Four Ts at Four: What a brewery needs to know about its IP before considering a saleOctober 17, 2016
- Great Moments in Craft Beer: Canadian brewers protest a corporate ‘Oktoberfest’ by throwing ‘Craftoberfest’ next doorOctober 13, 2016