Earlier this year, the yeast experts at White Labs released its PurePitch Next Generation — basically an easier way to pitch yeast while also consistently reaching the same cell count in every package. Picture this: New PurePitch Next Generation packaging equipped with handles and a connectable port for seamless closed-system inline yeast transfers, making it easier for commercial brewers to pitch yeast, while preventing contamination. The new packaging also features a more breathable proprietary fused two-layer film, allowing more effective off-gassing to reduce product inflation and maintain yeast health.
Now, White Labs is taking this product to another dimension with the Aseptic Transfer System, which was designed in conjunction with PurePitch Next Generation. Together, the Aseptic Transfer System and PurePitch Next Generation provide a safer, cleaner and more efficient way to pitch yeast. This is an in-line, closed system, yeast transfer solution that hooks up to both White Lab’s new PurePitch yeast packs and your brewhouse tanks. View the system in the video above, and here are some of the benefits of the White Labs Aseptic Transfer System (via the website):
- Clean connections allow for minimal exposure of yeast to the brewhouse environment.
- Connecting in-line with wort transfer means no need to open fermentor after CIP.
- Transferring in-line allows for better homogenization of yeast into wort.
- Quick connect adaptors allow multiple PurePitch Next Generation pouches to be pitched within minutes.
- Lightweight and Portable. Adaptable in all brewhouse configurations and with other compatible liquid and adjunct additions.
- Forward and Reverse peristaltic action allows for a complete wort flush of PurePitch Next Generation.
- Central location at the base of the fermentor.
- No ladder climbing or carrying packages/sanitizer/ scissors to elevated locations.
- GFI protected power source.
Learn more right over here.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.