In the swanky confines of The Summer Club at the Ravel Hotel in Long Island City, a unique Halloween experience will scare the beer right out of your glass. Sam Adams’ Beer Fest, Fear Fest asks participants to summon their courage, steady their hands and steel their nerves as they attempt to traverse a gauntlet of ghouls and jump scares, all while clutching a frothy full glass of Boston’s finest brew.
Starting this past Sunday, October 1, Beer Fest, Fear Fest will happen each week, looking for one bold drinker to makes it through the scarescape with a full glass and thusly earning the reward of a $250 gift card. The Summer Club, which is in Queens, NYC, has undergone a complete metamorphosis into an immersive Halloween-themed rooftop experience. Adorned with spellbinding Halloween-themed vignettes, engaging interactive activities and an array of delectable treats, this is your golden ticket to encountering the allure of Halloween enchantment right in New York City while having some Sam Adams OctberFest along the way to soothe your nerves.
From the press release:
“Beer Fest, Fear Fest is all about embracing beer season and facing your biggest fears,” said Lauren Price, Head of Brand, Samuel Adams. “We know our drinkers are up to the challenge, and there’s no other way to celebrate than with a full pint of the #1 fall seasonal beer, OctoberFest.”
To hype this funness, Boston Beer even commissioned a survey1, conducted online by The Harris Poll, on Cenosillicaphobia — the fear of having an empty glass (which I guess is a real thing?). That survey noted “20% of American beer drinkers say they’d rather run into an ex than have an empty beer glass,” according to the release. That’s truly spooky.
Course it’s not just about Beer Fest, Fear Fest. Visitors can also enjoy the nearby Cityside Pumpkin Patch, which is billed as NYC’s biggest, family-friendly Halloween extravaganza, touting locally procured pumpkins, which you can then explode in the pumpkin-smashing zone. Visitors can also test their skills in scarecrow archery, eat an array of treats, down a bunch of beverages and capture a moment with friends and monsters at the meticulously crafted Halloween backdrops. Learn more right over here or down below.
Now, enjoy Jim Koch talking about OctoberFest.
Beer Fest, Fear Fest Details
- When: Available throughout October
- Where: The Summer Club at the Ravel Hotel in Long Island City (8-08 Queens Plaza S, Queens, NY 11101)
- Tickets: Visit Bucket Lister’s website to book your tickets, in partnership with Bucket Lister’s Cityside Pumpkin Patch
- Giveaway: For full details on the Beer Fest, Fear Fest contest, visit the event landing page.
Beer Season Brews
And, if you can’t experience the haunted hops for yourself, drinkers nationwide can head to their local store and pick up a pack of Samuel Adams or other seasonal offerings in their area by visiting samueladams.com/find-a-sam.
- OctoberFest: This #1 fall seasonal is our take on a century’s old classic – a hearty Märzen with a toasty malt sweetness and a light hop character that’s fit for a celebration. OctoberFest is smooth with a deep malt complexity, roasty sweetness and light hop character that is perfectly festive.
- ABV: 5.3% | Available in: 6pk 12oz Bottles: SRP $9.99 | 12pk 12oz Bottles: SRP $17.99 | 28-pack 12 oz bottles: SRP $29.99 | 12pk 12oz Cans: SRP $17.99
- Beer Fest Variety Pack: This NEW seasonal assortment offers OctoberFest, Jack-O, and two exciting NEW innovations Hoppy Lager and Flannel Fest. Perfect for helping drinkers celebrating all beer season long.
- Flannel Fest: Flannel Fest is a new brew featuring robust notes of toasted bread and caramel, balanced by a light floral hop aroma. This classic German lager – Munich Dunkel – will keep you cozy during your coldest of beer season adventures.
- Hoppy Lager: A Beer Fest Variety Pack exclusive, Hoppy Lager brings flavorful crushability to the highest of hikes, craziest tailgates and most hard-core corn mazes. With a twist on a classic lager, this brew features big, juicy hop notes with crisp drinkability.
- Available in: Available in: 12pk 12oz Bottles: SRP $17.99 | 24pk 12oz Bottles: SRP $28.99 | 12pk 12oz Cans: SRP $17.99
The Greatest Party on Earth:
- In addition to Beer Fest, Fear Fest, Samuel Adams is continuing to own fall Beer Season through the introduction of Beereal, the world’s first “cereal” made to be enjoyed with Samuel Adams OctoberFest. Complete with nothing but beer’s favorite snack, Beereal features pretzels, instead of traditional cereal. There’s even a mini-cornhole game on the back of the box! While the first Beereal drop has already come and gone, it may not be too late to get your hands on beer’s favorite cereal. Head to @SamualAdamsBeer on Instagram on September 29 for more details.
- Lastly, get your steins ready – prost! Enter for a chance to win a Samuel Adams stein now through October 30.
1Survey Methodology: This survey was conducted online within the United States by The Harris Poll on behalf of Sam Adams from August 29-31, 2023 among 1,975 U.S. adults ages 21 and older, among whom 1,322 drink beer. The sampling precision of Harris online polls is measured by using a Bayesian credible interval. For this study, the sample data is accurate to within +/- 2.7 percentage points using a 95% confidence level. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables and subgroup sample sizes, please contact [email protected].