State brewers guilds and trade associations! Send us your important news and updates during this COVID-19 pandemic, so we can help support your organization and your members. Send ideas and info to [email protected].
Like everyone, brewers guilds and trade associations are feeling the ripple effects of the pandemic. For instance: The Colorado Brewers Guild (CBG) suspended one of its most beloved fundraisers, Collaboration Fest, before social distancing measures and stay-at-home orders were enacted. This was quickly followed by the postponement of Colorado Craft Beer Week and one of the CBG’s largest fundraisers, Colorado Pint Day.
The Colorado Brewers Guild represents some of the best beer makers in the world, and its mission — “to promote, protect, and propel independent craft breweries in Colorado through advocacy, community, education, and public awareness” — is more important now than ever. Luckily, you can help. The CBG just launched sale of a sweet limited edition “Colorado Strong” T-shirt (buy here) as a fundraiser to allow it to continue supporting its mission during the COVID-19 pandemic.
I’m assuming most of us drink Colorado beer on a regular basis. It is a flagship state for the craft beer movement, so we all have a vested interest in supporting this trade guild and its members. The majority of the state’s 400+ licensed breweries are members, and the guild does staff two full-time CBG staffers, a volunteer-based board of directors and committees and a small legislative and legal team.
The “Colorado Strong” shirt is being produced and fulfilled by Beer Murch and features an illustration of a growler with “Colorado Strong: Drink Local Craft Beer” on the front and the “Colorado: The State of Craft Beer” insignia on the back. It is available in both unisex and women’s cuts. Just dig all the photos.
Here are the reasons you should buy this tee:
With tireless dedication from all, the CBG has been able to help breweries stay open in increasingly lean times by:
- Working with Governor Polis and Mayor Hancock to ensure that breweries are regarded as “essential services” during social distancing and shelter-at-home orders in Denver and across Colorado
- Making it possible for breweries to temporarily deliver during the pandemic
- Kick starting public directories of breweries’ to-go and delivery options at coloradobeer.org and porchdrinking.com
- Providing daily updates to breweries and a web page of resources on legal issues, promotions, and best practices for business operations in this rapidly evolving landscape
- Staying in touch with reporters and media outlets to ensure that consumers know that breweries are still open and offering to-go and delivery orders of beer
- Serving as a go-to resource every day for the many questions that breweries have about ensuring their survival
- Connecting brewery members with industry partners who are offering free or heavily discounted services and information to help them stay in business
- Connecting brewery employees who have been laid off with liquor stores that are quickly expanding their delivery services
The shirt can be purchased here. Do it!
Colorado Brewers Guild says
Thank you so much for helping us get the word out! 🍻