The rise of hard seltzers, teas, RTDs, kombuchas, NA beer and beyond, doesn’t have to be the fall of hop flavors and aroma.
HAAS is now promoting HopKick, pitched as a product to “enhance existing flavors or deliver a wonderful hop flavor and aroma that’s variety specific and true-to-type.”
It’s a 100% hop-derived aqueous extract that’s clear, flowable, and completely soluble in cold-side beverage operations. This also means HopKick allows for “clean labeling” on ingredient declarations. Contains no emulsifiers or additives.
“We found HopKick enhanced the aroma of the hop water and smoothed out some of the bitterness,” stated Amy Cartwright, Founder of Independence Brewing Co. “The aroma enhancement is excellent. We liked that the flavor did not add perceived bitterness.”
Some other notable features:
- HopKick can be added throughout the fermentation and/or maturation process in both alcoholic and non-alcoholic applications.
- At higher dose rates, achieve exact flavor and aroma outcomes in beverages that require specific hop varietal characteristics.
- At lower dose rates, HopKick can help smooth out artificial sweeteners and amplify artificial flavors used in packaged beverages.
- Eliminates losses associated with pellet absorption (approximately 10L per 1kg T90), for better yield efficiencies and less waste disposal.
- Easy to dose in fermentation or maturation tanks, there’s no color translation or haze formation to the finished product.
HopKick is now available in Citra®, Mosaic®, El Dorado®, and Centennial varieties.