Like the beer industry, distribution and sale of beer is changing and evolving more lately than it has in a long, long time. When it comes to understanding, educating and explaining those trends, the National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) provides leadership for the independent beer wholesalers of America. It advocates before government and the public to encourage the responsible consumption of alcohol and to provide programs and services that will benefit its members.
Its annual convention is the place to be when it comes to education and elbow rubbing with America’s most influential beer distributors. September 25-28, at the Hyatt Regency Chicago in (you guessed it) Chicago, NBWA’s 79th Annual Convention will bring said distributors together for general sessions, 150 different exhibits, parties, networking and (maybe most importantly) 18 educational seminars. These sessions tackle some meaty topics. Here’s a quote from the press release:
“In addition to an outstanding lineup of general session speakers and 150 exhibitors participating in this year’s expanded, two-day Product Demonstration Showcase, NBWA is excited to offer a diverse selection of education seminars taught by leading experts in their industries,” said NBWA President and CEO Craig Purser. “From warehousing and operations to management trends, sales coaching, trade practices, cyber security and social media training, this dynamic seminar lineup features something for everyone.”
The education seminars include:
- Accessing and Utilizing Data to Improve Internal and External Operations
- Trade Practice Update
- Your Social Media Content… Amplified!
- Business Meets Legal: Top 10 Things to Consider When Buying or Selling a Beer Distributorship
- Growing Your Craft Business: How to Achieve It and Maintain Focus
- 10 Years of Beer Business Daily: Why We Are Where We Are
- Effective Sales Coaching and Leadership
- Recruiting and Hiring A-Players: How to Keep Them Motivated and Satisfied
- The Power of Conflict
- Local Consumer Differences Really Matter
- Changing Landscape of Beer Distribution
- Exceeding Execution Goals in Real Time
- The Game of Musical Chairs and Brand Rights
- Wealth Transfer Strategies Across Generations
- The 21st Amendment in the 21st Century: More Relevant Today Than When Enacted 81 Years Ago
- The Future of Warehousing
- Strategies and Management Trends for Improved Profits
- The Evolving Cyber Threat: Who It Is, What They’re After, How It Affects Beer Distributors and What to Do About It
Registration is available online at www.nbwa.org/convention. Hotel accommodations at the Hyatt Regency Chicago can be made online or by calling (888) 421-1442. Reference the National Beer Wholesalers Association or NBWA to receive the group rates of $269 + tax for single/double occupancy. The last day to make hotel reservations and receive the discounted room rate is August 31, 2016. The NBWA guest room block can sell out prior to this date. Once the block is sold out, room rates cannot be guaranteed.