Looking to expand your craft beer horizons? Might we recommend this industry-sponsored, nine-day insider’s tour of Bavaria’s little-known craft beer scene, focusing on women beer-makers and celebrating the tradition of small-scale native breweries and local food. The dates are Oct. 5-13, 2015.
Led by Philadelphia-based Treasures of Europe Tours, the trip is the only German beer tour that skips Big Beer destinations and focuses on regional under-the-radar breweries and hidden craft beer hot-spots in the nooks and crannies of Bavaria.
Beer, Bratwurst and Beyond is offered in cooperation with our pals in the Pink Boots Society, the nation’s leading group for women brewers and women in other parts of the beer trade.
Stone Brewing Co., Sam Adams Beer, Lagunitas and Sierra Nevada Brewing are official sponsors. The Brewers’ Association of Upper Franconia and the Association of Private Breweries in Bavaria are in-country sponsors.
Tour participants will enjoy a private session and tasting with Sister Doris, Bavaria’s iconic nun brewer, at Mallersdorf Abbey. They’ll meet brewers at two other abbey breweries, stay in a village that’s completely surrounded by its original medieval town wall, sleep in a brewery inn dating to 1425 and visit Germany’s top “green” brewery.
Other highlights include:
- Kick-off event and private tasting hosted by the Bavarian Association of Private Breweries
- Sessions and tours with up-and-coming women beer-makers in Franconia and the Upper Palatinate
- Survey and tasting led by one of Germany’s top sommeliers
- Series of site visits, private sessions and tastings with Oswald Kundmueller, Andreas Gaenstaller and other craft beer brewers
- Sausage seminar led by a master butcher who was elected Bavaria’s “Bratwurst King”
- Visit to the home of Zoigl brewing in the remote Upper Palatinate region, including briefing and tasting
- A private cheese and craft beer tasting in one of Franconia’s newest craft breweries
Cost: $2,995 per person, double occupancy. The tour begins and ends in Frankfurt. Eight nights, nine days, airport transfers, guide, full itinerary, ground transportation, private driver, all accommodations, 11 meals, tastings, briefings, local tours and more.
Only a few spaces left. Reservations at Treasures of Europe Tours. Info at [email protected].