Athletic Brewing, the non-alcoholic craft brewer that’s rising meteorically, has a great promotion to honor Earth Day via its outdoors-focused give back program, Two for the Trails. Athletic Brewing is pledging $1 million to grantee winners of Two for the Trails in 2022. Applicable organizations must be focused on trail and park cleanups and maintenance, as the program is designed to help cover funding gaps on projects that will provide a transformative impact on local and national communities.
Core to Athletic’s mission is positively impacting the health, happiness, and fitness of their community, so not only is 2% of Athletic Brewing’s sales dollars are allocated to support active and healthy lifestyles in the outdoors, but a further 1% is allocated to impact programs near and dear to Athletic’s heart, taking total donations to an unprecedented 3% of sales.
Named for the percentage allocation, and for Athletic Brewing founder Bill Shufelt’s family tradition of taking two beers to toast post-trail adventures, Two for the Trails is at the core of the brand.
Yes, they’ve already donated $1 million previously …
In 2021, 66 organizations of all sizes, from localized community groups up to major national corporations, were chosen as grantees. Each received various amounts of funding, totaling an impressive $1,000,000 – which will be matched for the 2022 program – and stands alone as one of the most impactful and highest value donation programs in the outdoors space.
In 2021 entities such as Mountain Bike the Tetons and Florida State Parks Foundation Inc. benefited from the Two for the Trails grant program. Mountain Bike the Tetons was allocated $65,000 to revive and improve the overall design, aesthetics, maintenance plan, and infrastructure of the Victor Bike Park, the only free, purpose built park to promote progression of bike skills in a secure environment within the Teton region.
The Florida State Parks Foundation Inc. received over $15,000 and earmarked the funds for the services of an experienced interpretation consultant to help with content development to ensure that the history and legacy namesakes of the Dr. Von D. Mizell – Eula Johnson State Park is preserved for the education of all visitors. Dr. Von D. Mizell and Eula Mae Gandy Johnson were integral to the establishment of the first NAACP chapter in South Florida and both made momentous strides for Black people in medicine, education, politics, law enforcement, housing, and parks and recreation.
“We see an incredible array of worthy outdoor immersion programs that are doing great work with very limited resources, and are generally underfunded, ” said Cara Wilson, Manager of B-Corp and Two For The Trails. “With impact-driven causes at the core of our brand, it’s our responsibility, and our privilege, to work with and support those organizations who protect the spaces that we recreate in, and we’re honored to offer a program such as Two for the Trails that does just that. It’s even more special to announce the 2022 program on Earth Day, driving home the importance of corporate responsibility in both product and impact programs.”