BeerBoard monitors more than 50,000 draft lines on a constant basis and then uses that info to generate a delicious amount of data. With Cinco de Mayo just passing, we thought we’d check with BeerBoard to see what sort of draft stats it had for the popular drinking holiday (data from its Cinco de Mayo Report). Stuff like….
- Cinco de Mayo 2017 saw an 18 percent lift nationally in draft beer consumption over the holiday in 2016.
- Mexican beers were strong performers for the holiday. Dos Equis (#4) and Modelo Especial (#9) both ranked in the top 10 for beer poured on Cinco de Mayo.
- The top three brands poured across the country were Bud Light (#1), Miller Lite (#2) and Coors Light (#3).
- California loves its Mexican beer. Modelo Especial (#1) maintained its position as the top-poured beer in the state. Dos Equis was the #2 overall beer on Cinco de Mayo
- On Cinco de Mayo, Dos Equis saw a 12 percent lift as compared to a “regular” Friday (April 28). Typically trending as the #6-poured brand, Dos Equis leapt up to #4 overall on the holiday.
- Similarly, Modelo Especial saw an 18 percent jump on Cinco de Mayo over its volumes on the previous Friday (April 28). Ranking as the #13 brand overall on that day, Modelo jumped to #9 on Cinco de Mayo.
- Both Mexican brands saw growth on Cinco de Mayo 2017 over 2016. Dos Equis grew 3 percent, while Modelo Especial increased an impressive 40 percent.
“Our Cinco de Mayo Report provides insights to beer consumption on a day that has become an unofficial holiday in America, and one of the favorites to consume beer,” said Mark Young, Founder and CEO of BeerBoard. “As expected, we saw a lift in Mexican-style beers, especially over what would be considered a ’regular’ day for beer consumption. Dos Equis and Modelo, typically strong performers, went to even greater heights on Cinco de Mayo.”
The Cinco de Mayo Report is part of a regular series of industry insights and analytics reports generated by BeerBoard. The company is headquartered in Syracuse, N.Y., and has offices in Denver and the New York City area.