Fizzics is a technology company that has the noble focus of revolutionizing the way people drink and enjoy beer. The latest technology to emerge from the Fizzics labs is a new portable draft-beer system called Waytap. Powered by Fizzics Micro-Foam Technology, Waytap is designed to enhance the flavor of any canned or bottled beer. Just how game-changing could this technology be? Well, it received a $2 million investment on Shark Tank, so that certainly doesn’t hurt.
Here’s the idea: Patented Fizzics Micro-Foam Technology leverages sound waves to convert the beer’s natural carbonation into densely compacted, uniform bubbles that scientifically enrich the aroma, flavor and taste of beer, while protecting its integrity. Easy to use and portable, Waytap provides a premium taproom experience anywhere.
In addition to the Shark Tank funding, the company is also trying to get this moving on Kickstarter. It’s already way, way over its goal.
“At the end of the day, we’re a team of engineers and technologists who really love beer,” said Fizzics Co-Founder and CEO Philip Petracca. “We wanted to use technology to give people a whole new beer-drinking experience, help people explore beer in a new way and to elevate the experiences shared around beer.”
Waytap also introduces a new, bold industrial design developed in partnership with global design and strategy firm, frog. Inspired by the familiar experience of gathering around a bar for drinks with friends and family, Waytap embodies a minimalist style that blends intuitive form and function.
- Engineered using patented fluid dynamics and sound technology to create dense.
- Micro-Foam that enhances the flavors, aroma and taste of beer.
- Enhances all beer styles, including IPAs, Pilsners, Brown Ales, Stouts, Porters,
- Powered by 4 standard AA batteries.
- Lightweight (three pounds) and durable, making it ideal for outdoor activities,
camping, tailgating, etc.
- Compatible with 12 to 25-oz cans and 12-oz bottles.
- Available in black or white.
- MSRP: $130.