Recognizing those with a shared passion for quality and craft, Jameson Irish Whiskey continues its craft brewery partnerships with Jameson Caskmates Drinking Buddies. A collaboration with seven American craft brewers, Jameson Caskmates Drinking Buddies is the result of bringing like-minded individuals together with a common bond of creating superior quality beer and whiskey.
Returning breweries include Angel City Brewery in Los Angeles, Captain Lawrence Brewing Co. in New York, Deep Ellum Brewing Co. in Dallas and Great Divide Brewing Co. in Denver. Rounding out the final three collaborating breweries are Stoup Brewing in Seattle, Cycle Brewing in Tampa and Fat Head’s Brewing in Cleveland.
Inspired by the creation and end result of Jameson Caskmates, a one-of-a-kind whiskey born out of conversation and collaboration with local Irish craft brewery, Franciscan Well, Jameson took a similar approach and worked with the seven local breweries by giving them Jameson barrels to age their craft beer for a select period of time. The end result? Limited edition beers featuring hints of Jameson Irish Whiskey incorporated with their already distinct craft beer flavors.
Each Jameson inspired craft beer will be available in their respective market for a limited time only. Here’s a look at what’s coming:
ACB Imperial Irish Red Ale
– Color – A rich mahogany-hued ale.
– Aroma – Huge ripe fig and toffee notes dominate the aroma, leading into flavors of light vanilla, molasses, black cherries and a distinct peppery finish.
– Flavor – Conditioned for 5 months in Jameson Irish Whiskey barrels, this beer has an indulgent yet subtle sweetness, full body, and warming linger.
– ABV – 16% ABV
Captain Lawrence Brewing Co.
Trans-Atlantic Imperial Red
– Color – Deep auburn color with red highlights.
– Aroma – Rich and malty aroma with hints of chocolate and citrus fruit.
– Flavor – Deep and rich as the sea, the Trans-Atlantic Red’s natural taste combined with Jameson Irish Whiskey barrels gives this beer a deliciously complex flavor profile. Malt backbone, chocolate and coffee flavors highlighted by vanilla.
– ABV – 7% ABV
Deep Ellum Brewing
The Fascinating Bellman
- Color – The experience is a custom crafted light smoke, wood aged, deep brown ale with ruby highlights.
- Aroma – The aroma of bittersweet bakers chocolate and warm vanilla welcome a complex flavor of toasted chestnut. The smoke character shows a history not to be forgotten that fades then returns as the glass warms.
- Flavor – Oak Smoked Imperial Irish brown ale aged in Jameson Whiskey barrels. We select fresh hops and smoke a portion of malt with Texas post oak. The resulting ale is fit for members only.
- ABV – 7.8% ABV
- Color – Dark coloring.
- Aroma – Whiskey notes, chocolate, oak and leather aroma.
- Flavor – You don’t know smooth until you experience the velvety, silky feeling and dark lager taste of The Smoothness. Roasted malt, vanilla and oak flavors.
- ABV – 8.5% ABV
Dublin Down Imperial Red Ale
- Color – Chestnut color with golden highlights.
- Aroma – Rich and bold with notes of vanilla and toffee.
- Flavor – A rich, malty red ale with notes of caramel and toasted bread. The time in Jameson Irish Whiskey barrels adds a depth of richness to the beer and added structure, bringing happiness to the palate and warmth to the belly after each satisfying sip.
- The subtle grainy sweetness of Irish malt is balanced by a strong addition of bittering hops and warming alcohol.
- ABV – 10% ABV
- Color – Dark amber to almost purple in color.
- Aroma – All malt, all day.
- Flavor – Brewed with 6 different caramel malts and just a little bit of chocolate to showcase the finer, sweeter side of the beer and the whiskey.
- ABV – 11% ABV
Strange Trip Barrel Aged Imperial Stout
- Color – Aging in Jameson Irish Whiskey barrels for 6 months has pulled a subtle touch of cocoa beans, Marzipan and charred oak.
- Aroma – Inspired by flavors from an Irish Coffee.
- Flavor – A heady brew, hopped with perle, centennial and simcoe. The heavily roasted creamy flavor comes from the combination of flaked barley and chocolate malts.
- ABV – 9.4% ABV
The Jameson family motto, Sine Metu, means without fear, and the Jameson Caskmates Drinking Buddies program celebrates the fearlessness of each brewer as they continue to pursue their passions. The same spirit and tradition of the family motto lives on through the creation and partnership with the seven local breweries.
“Jameson Irish Whiskey has always taken pride in celebrating those who share the same passion and focus when it comes to their craft,” said Sona Bajaria, Vice President, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Pernod Ricard USA. “Jameson Caskmates Drinking Buddies allows us to put the spotlight on these local craft brewers who ultimately embody the same spirit as our motto, Sine Metu.”