Coming off an amazing time at the 2022 World Beer Cup ceremony where Joyride Brewing’s Ice Cutter Kölsch was declared the best in the world by winning gold in the German-Style Koelsch category, and on Joyride Director of Brewing and Marketing Dave Bergen’s birthday no less, the brewery revealed plans for its annual anniversary block party celebration on July 15-17. This will mark eight years of commercially brewing beer, and this party is shaping up to be the best one yet.
As Joyride is all about community and collaboration, this anniversary bash will include closed off streets with a main stage featuring a lineup of live bands throughout the weekend, a collaboration competition with Joyride’s best brewery friends, food trucks, kids zone, and of course, award-winning beer like Joyride’s Ice Cutter Kölsch—perfect for a hot summer day on the patio.
“Eight years ago we were still homebrewing in the basement and now we’ve made nearly 9,000 barrels of beer since 2014. That’s over two million pints!” says Bergen. “Each time we add another number to the ol’ odometer, I fondly look back at our amazing team and welcoming community who have been here for us since day one. We would not be here without you! As Edgewater’s first and oldest brewery, we’ve always wanted to reflect our neighborhood by providing diverse, fun, and creative offerings, and to be embraced the way we have is the ultimate compliment.”
Brewery Collaboration Competition
What started at Joyride’s third anniversary, because of all the help from brewery friends over the years, has turned into a friendly competition among brewery friends. Guests receive a punch card, try the collaboration beers, vote for their favorite brew and leave with a special commemorative anniversary glass. Previous winners include Downhill Brewing (2017 and 2019), Station 26 Brewing Co. (2018), Odell Brewing Company (2020) and Westbound and Down Brewing Company (2021). This year’s competitive sets include:
- Downhill Brewing and Woods Boss Brewing: Sake Rice Lager
- Barrels & Bottles Brewery and Odell Brewing Company: Sangria-inspired wine/beer hybrid
- Station 26 Brewing Co. and Westbound & Down Brewing Company: Cold IPA
- Call to Arms Brewing Company and Strange Craft Beer Company: Lemon Saison
“Our anniversary parties always feel like a wedding or reunion where there are so many people to high five and catch up with,” says Bergen. “But what I look forward to the most is our collaboration competition and everything involved with it including the brew days, spending some quality time over pints, and tasting the final product.”
Band Lineup for the Weekend
From American and Bluegrass to Mountain Blues and 90s and Millennium rock hits, the following live acts will be rocking out!
Friday, July 15
- 2:30 to 4:30pm – The Flying Splash Kicks
- 5:30 to 7:30pm – Hunter James and the Titanic
- 8:00 to 10:00pm – Silent Disco
Saturday, July 16
- 11:00am to 12:30pm – Midnight Shakedown
- 1:00 to 3:00pm – 3 Hole Punch
- 4:00 to 6:00pm – Edgewater Project
- 7:00 to 9:00pm – El Paso Lasso
Sunday, July 17
- 11:00am to 1:00pm – The Great Jon Hamm
- 2:00 to 5:00pm – Blue River Grass Band