Spring is so close, we can almost taste it. Every year all eyes are on Gobbler’s Knob, Pa., and if the fuzzy meteorologist Punxsutawney Phil, will see his shadow revealing whether we’re in for more winter hibernation or an early spring awakening. Taking the weather forecast tradition into their own hands as the “Official Beer of Groundhog Day,” Samuel Adams is teaming up with DraftKings Inc. to give drinkers a first-of-its-kind fan prediction pool: Groundhog Day Prediction Pool Presented by Samuel Adams Cold Snap.
Looking to pre-game Phil’s big moment? This calls for a Cold Snap. Ahead of Groundhog Day, drinkers can participate in the free-to-play pool at Draftkings.com/samueladams and answer a series of Groundhog Day and sports-related questions, ultimately predicting whether or not Punxsutawney Phil will see his shadow. Customers who rack up the most points will win a share of the total cash prize of $10,000.
“Returning for our second year, Sam Adams is back as the Official Beer of Groundhog Day! We’re ready to up the ante and doing something epic to showcase Cold Snap and help drinkers snap the seasonal slump,” said Lauren Price, Head of Brand, Samuel Adams. “By joining forces with DraftKings, one of the most recognizable sports and entertainment companies in the United States, we’re doing just that. There’s no better way to celebrate our furry friend and this quirky holiday than with a first-of-its-kind prediction pool from two brands that are staples for all your game day needs this Spring.”
“Like March Madness and Spring Training, nothing quite says ‘spring is near’ like Groundhog Day,” said Jay Danahy, Head of Brand Partnerships and Ad Operations, DraftKings. “This year we’re celebrating spring alongside Samuel Adams to give customers a playful way to capture Punxsutawney Phil’s unpredictable outcomes.”
Groundhog Day Prediction Pool presented by Samuel Adams Cold Snap details:
- Think you can predict the weather?! Starting January 22nd, channel your inner Punxsutawney Phil and head to Draftkings.com/samueladams to enter. In anticipation of Phil’s game-deciding call, you’ll be tested with answering a handful of questions tied to Groundhog Day and sports games or events taking place on February 2nd.
- Score points based on how many correct predictions you make and users who rack up the most points will win a share of the cash prize of $10,000.
- Eligibility restrictions apply. Must be 21+ to enter. Void where prohibited. See Draftkings.com/samueladams for details.
This calls for a Cold Snap
If Phil dooms us to six more weeks of winter — or if he finally gives us something to celebrate — there’s no better way to snap out of the seasonal slump and get a taste of spring than with a Cold Snap. Drinkers can also dial up their game day viewing with the seasonal Prime Time Beers Variety Pack.
- Cold Snap: Spring is calling, and things are heating up. You’ve waited for months, and finally brighter days are so close, you can taste them. And they taste like a hazy white ale with a squeeze of citrus and a blend of ten fruits & spices. This calls for a Cold Snap.
- Available in: 6pk 12oz Bottles: SRP $9.99 | 12pk 12oz Bottles: SRP $17.99 | 12pk 12oz Cans: SRP $17.99
- Prime Time Beers Variety Pack: From bowl games to playoff games and every match-up in between, January through March is primetime for a beer. This seasonal assortment features Cold Snap alongside a roster of three NEW beers designed for making your game day more sessionable:
- Post Season IPA: A session IPA with big hop aromas and lightness to run into the after-party. A blend of passionfruit, tropical flavors, and piney hops. At 4.5% ABV, Post Season will keep you in the game.
- Breakaway Blonde Ale: Light golden & cerea-sweet Blonde Ale that’s malt-forward with a touch of tangerine to accompany the season’s most epic highlights.
- Red Zone Lager: A malty march forward with touches of toffee complimented with snaps of red fruit aroma. It’s a lager so good you’ll go for two.
- Available in: 12pk 12oz Bottles: SRP $17.99 | 24pk 12oz Bottles: SRP $28.99 | 12pk 12oz Cans: SRP $17.99