Lock up your loved ones, Texas and Maryland. The SweetWater Brewing Co. brands of craft beer are coming to town, and you (CBB reader) should be allowed to get some first. Hey, sometimes family’s gotta come second.
Texasn, SweetWater Brewing will begins its westward expansion later this month. The brewery will partner with Silver Eagle Distributors to reach the metro area markets of Houston and San Antonio. The brand will also flow in multiple metro area Maryland markets later this month. Celebrating it’s 18th anniversary in February, SweetWater — ranked as one of the nation’s Top 20 craft breweries by volume according to the Brewer’s Association — is primed and ready to begin flowing into these two key territories. To the press release quotes!
“We couldn’t be happier to finally land in Texas,” said Vice President of Sales at SweetWater Brewery, Dave Guender. “Positioning ourselves to make the move westward was thrilling but also involved months of meticulous planning and market research. We’re confident that our partnership with Silver Eagle will help us make the best splash possible in these new Texas markets.”
“Kicking off 2015 with a bang, we couldn’t be more thrilled to move on up to Maryland,” said Director of New Market Development Jeff Chassner. “The strong partnerships we’ve created with Kelly Distributors, Guy Distributors, Eastern Shore Distributing, Wantz Distributing, Bob Hall Distributing and Chesapeake Beverage, joining next month, will perfectly position SweetWater for massive growth throughout Maryland.”
SweetWater has tossed up its most popular brews to bring into both Texas and Maryland, starting with its flagship, 420 Extra Pale Ale, on draft at bars and restaurants, alongside bottles, cans and Tackle Box variety packs in off-premise grocery, package and specialty bottle shops including:
- 420 Extra Pale Ale — SweetWater’s 420 is a West Coast style pale ale with big hops and a crisp finish. First brewed on April 20, 1997, 420 is extremely well-balanced which makes it a perfect introduction to a new town – that’s why we say “drink ‘em if you got ‘em!” Rolling out in 6-pack bottles, 12-pack cans and draft.
- SweetWater IPA — This mammoth India Pale Ale (IPA) is dry-hopped to the gills delivering a kick-you-inthe-teeth hop chop. The brew is unfiltered to leave all the natural flavors intact. Rolling out in 6-pack bottles, 12-pack cans and draft.
- SweetWater Blue — SweetWater Blue is a unique, lighter-bodied wheat ale enhanced with blueberries.
- Take Two Pils — A golden blonde German pilsner brewed with spicy floral hops and a head-first trip down the rabbit hole of lagers. Call us in the morning! Rolling out in 6-pack bottles and draft.
- SweetWater Tackle Box — The SweetWater Tackle Box variety pack is a hefty 12-pack collection featuring three of SweetWater’s favorite year round brews, along with a fourth catch and release seasonal specialty in each box.