Members of the Tennessee Craft Brewers Guild are hosting the second-annual “Pick Up For A Pint” litter cleanup events slated for Jan. 21. Patrons who appreciate the state’s natural beauty will be able to score a free pint, of a beverage of their choice, after picking up litter in the vicinity of more than 20 participating breweries statewide.
Inspired by Nashville-based Jackalope Brewing Company’s efforts, “Pick Up for a Pint” provides an opportunity for individuals to give back to their community through litter clean up and to learn more about recycling, all while supporting and joining their local brewery.
“Brewers are committed to sustainability and preventing litter in their neighborhoods, and ‘Pick Up for a Pint’ highlights that effort,” said Sharon Cheek, Guild executive director. “Giving back to the community is important to our members, and this is a great opportunity to work with local volunteers and partners.”
The following Middle Tennessee Guild members are participating in the event:
- Common John Brewing Co (Manchester)
- East Nashville Beer Works (Nashville)
- TailGate Brewery Headquarters (Nashville)
- Tennfold (Nashville)
- BS Brew Works (Springfield)
- Kings Bluff Brewery (Clarksville)
- New Heights Brewing Company (Nashville)
- The Black Abbey Brewing Company (Nashville)
- Jackalope Brewing Company (Nashville)
- Mayday Brewery (Murfreesboro)
- Cedar Glade Brews (Murfreesboro)
- Half Bath Brewing (Hendersonville)
Volunteers will gather at their local brewery one hour before the taproom opens. Volunteers will then spend about 45 minutes cleaning up the surrounding areas, followed by 15 minutes of sorting recyclables and larger waste items. Here’s some more information on how to sign up for the event.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.