Sustainability is a core value of craft breweries. As one of the world’s leading companies for measurement and control technology, Bürkert Fluid Control Systems understands the engineering side of eco-conscious brewing. Take for instance the Bürkert Type 8681 control head, which has been optimized for the automation of pneumatic hygienic process valves.
The 8681 allows a plant to be decentralized, which allows quick pulsing of the solenoids in the control top to clean any sanitary valve seats in a brewery (fermentation, distribution and packaging departments to name a few) and significantly reduce the volume of CIP chemicals used and reduce water waste that would normally be associated with a centralized plant system.
In a nutshell: This innovative control head increases sustainability and lowers the carbon footprint of a craft brewery. The control top is designed to IP67, which will handle all wash down requirements within a brewery.
The 8681 performs all pneumatic actuation, feedback and diagnostic functions, as well as bus communication. Depending on the process valve, as many as three pneumatically actuated seat movements can be controlled independently. The feedback system provides precise information about seat location and movement improving upon the safety these processes require. Other features include (drum roll, please!):
- Pneumatic module for 0…3 pilot valves, 200 l/min (variable +/-) and integrated check valve
- Position feedback function via analog sensor for monitoring strokes up to 85 mm; three positions configurable via teach-in function; plus connection for external proximity switch
- Three-color visual status display (green/yellow/red) with high-power LEDs
- Electrical supply via AS-i bus, DeviceNET or 12…28 VDC
- Electrical connection via terminals or M12 plug connectors
- Pneumatic connection G1/4-in., G1/8-in. connections
- Protection type IP65 and IP67 combined with IP69K
- Approved for Class 1 Zone 2 by ATEX II 3 G/D
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.