Who do you love more — your fiancée or your craft beer? No need to answer! The Arizona Craft Brewers Guild doesn’t want to make you choose. In fact, the guild is hoping you can combine your loves this coming February. On Valentine’s Day, Feb. 14 (just a reminder, guys), at 12:30 p.m., one lucky couple will walk down the aisle at the 15th annual Strong Beer Festival. The catch? They will only have 24-hours notice until beer glasses start clinking and wedding bells are ringing.
It’s called the Arizona Craft Brewers Guild’s “Hop Down the Aisle” Impromptu Wedding, and couples from across the state of Arizona are encouraged to submit their love story. The result could mean a free wedding (50 guests!), free wedding dress, free honeymoon, free beer and getting married by an actual ordained brewer. Whether the story is heartwarming, hilarious, peculiar or all of the above, the Arizona Craft Brewers Guild wants to hear how you fell in love.
Here’s how it works:
To enter, couples must submit and commit to the following: Send a one-page, 500 words or less, email to [email protected] on why you want to get hitched at Arizona Strong Beer Festival 2015. Some rules:
- The name of both parties, phone number and e-mail address;
- Must be able to appear for an interview on Wed., Feb. 12;
- Must be able to obtain an Arizona Marriage License prior to Feb. 14;
- All submissions must be received by Feb. 1, 2015, at midnight; and
- No purchase required to participate.
After the judges deliberate between contenders, selected applicants will be invited to come down to Scottsdale Beer Co. on Feb. 9 from 10 to 12 p.m. A panel will then select the lucky couple, who will be notified on Feb. 13. With only 24 hours’ notice, the bride and groom won’t have much time to wrap their head around the excitement. However, the only thing they need to worry about is which craft beer they will drink first as a married couple.
The Arizona Craft Brewers Guild “Hop Down the Aisle” wedding package includes:
- Wedding dress by Adore AZ Bridal
- Tux rental by Suit Yourself
- Custom cake by Cuteology Cakes
- Bridal bouquet, bridesmaids bouquet, groom boutonniere, best man boutonniere, mother’s corsages, father’s boutonnieres, centerpiece and arch piece by PJ’s Flowers
- Lovely honeymoon stay at the gorgeous Clarendon Hotel
- Strong Beer and delicious catering by local breweries and restaurants
- Ability to invite up to 50 guests
- Camera crews will follow the bridal party through the day to capture every moment.
“It’s Valentine’s Day, craft beer and love are in air, why not have a wedding,” said Arizona Craft Brewers Guild Executive Director Rob Fullmer. “A Hop Down the Aisle provides a deserving couple with the opportunity to celebrate their love for each other and their love craft beer and the growing community. We encourage anyone wanting to exchange vows, renew their vows or just profess their love to also do so at the festival. You may not win the whole wedding but we will have at least 10 ordain ministers/brewers at the festival to perform ceremonies throughout the day.”
Interested in winning “A Hop Down the Aisle?” Please remember to submit your story by Feb. 1 to [email protected] and follow all guidelines to ensure your love story is qualified.
If you can survive this, you’re meant to stay together for life.
In Arizona? Win a destination wedding to the Strong Beer Festival http://t.co/GzldIBuH9h
In Arizona? Win a destination wedding to the Strong Beer Festival http://t.co/3Mleob6U81
RT @belgianbeerday: In Arizona? Win a destination wedding to the Strong Beer Festival http://t.co/HAEZp41aBL
In Arizona? Win a destination wedding to the Strong Beer Festival http://t.co/HAEZp41aBL
Win a destination wedding to the Strong Beer Festival http://t.co/yc8k4dJi2l via @craftbrewingbiz
Getting married?? Love beer?? Then this, my friend, won’t sound so queer!!!…. Get your pens and win this here!!..
Mr. Brew Review says
Mr. Brew Review liked this on Facebook.