Crooked Hammock Brewery is always coming up with great niche events that emphasize its backyard utopia beer brand. Nothing, to me, says backyard utopia like a good yard game, and for its Winter Warmer: Stout’s Honor event, they are delivering the ultimate in winter backyard games: Curling.
The Diamond State Curling Club will be putting on a live curling exhibition for the masses. They are an all-volunteer, member-operated 501(c) (3) non-profit organization committed to introducing as many residents of Delaware as possible to curling.
Winter Warmer: Stout’s Honor is a mini beer festival dedicated to tasty stouts, held Feb. 18 from noon until 4 p.m. at its Middletown, Del., brewpub.
Owner Rich Garrahan has promised to showcase “hard to find, easy to enjoy” stouts from some of the best breweries this side of the Mississippi, including rare and exclusive pours from Delaware and beyond from Autumn Arch Beer Project, Burley Oak Brewing Company, Big Oyster Brewing, Southern Grist, Dewey Beer Company, Burnish Beer, and First State Brewing.
What’s more, the veteran brewers behind the beers in the kegs will be crowding around the campfire to answer any questions.
As for what’s pouring …
- Hold My Milk Stout: Milk Stout, with vanilla extract, cacao nibs, lactose (5.5% ABV)
- S’mores Stout: Russian Imperial Stout, with graham crackers, marshmallow, chocolate (10% ABV)
- Lift Ticket: Golden Stout, with Little Goat Coffee, cacao nibs, vanilla (7.7% ABV)
Confirmed beers from guests breweries include (more TBA):
- Southern Grist Breakfast Bar Choco Peanut Swirl: Imperial Stout, brewed with lactose, granola clusters, vanilla, peanut butter, cacao nibs, cinnamon, and brown sugar. (8.3% ABV, from Nashville).
- Burnish Beer Storm of the Bones: Stout, featuring roasted coffee, dark chocolate, and a touch of milk sugar for sweetness. (7.5% ABV, from nearby Salisbury, Maryland).
- Dewey Beer Company Marshmallow Cannolis: Imperial Pastry Stout, brewed with marshmallows and cannoli filling (12% ABV, from nearby Dewey Beach).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.