May is a big month for beer. There’s National Homebrew “Toast Day” on May 2, National Homebrew Day on May 7 and basically 20 other major local beer weeks across America — from Chicago Beer Week (May 14-24) to Seattle Beer Week (May 7-17). Oh, and let’s not forget about everyone’s secret favorite — Tavern Month. But by far, the most important May celebration of them all would have to be American Craft Beer Week (May 11-17).
Well, if you’re looking for a cool event happening in your area for American Craft Beer Week, craftbeer.com has put together a pretty snazzy interactive graphic to keep readers busy for at least a minute or two, which is a pretty impressive amount of time if you’ve ever been on the internet before. Let’s let Julia Herz talk first (she knows all).
“American Craft Beer Week has provided independent beer fans across the country a chance to support their local breweries since 2006,” said Julia Herz, publisher of CraftBeer.com and craft beer program director at the Brewers Association. “With celebrations happening in all 50 states, this is truly an annual national event that recognizes all those involved in making craft beer from small breweries in the U.S. such a success.”
In the spirit of celebration this year, CraftBeer.com created an interactive graphic with fun facts to commemorate each state and their commitment to craft brewing. There is also Untappd, the mobile-based social network that connects breweries with craft beer lovers, which is once again offering an American Craft Beer Week badge for users who check in during ACBW events.
And for the super lazy, here is a selection of scheduled 2015 Craft Beer Week celebrations that we’d love to attend (wave your cursor over the events; there’s hyperlinks there!).
- ACBW ~ Beer & Cheese Pairing @ Copper Kettle Brewing, Denver, Colo.
- AmeriCAN Canned Craft Beer Festival, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- American Homebrewers Association Rally at Independence Brewing Co., Austin, Texas
- Buffalo Wild Wings Toast their Local Brewers, nationwide
- Finger Lakes Craft Beer Week, Finger Lakes, N.Y.
- Jazz Lights in the Park Craft Beer Garden, Little Rock, Ark.
- Kalona Brewing Co. Brew Master’s Dinner, Kalona, Iowa
- One Well Brewing Pumpkin Peach Ale Release, Kalamazoo, Mich.
- Over 80 Fox & Hound, Champps, and Bailey’s restaurants are transforming into Craft Beer Central , nationwide
- Triton Brewing Co. Tap Takeover at Brixx Wood Fire Pizza, Fishers, Ind.