Beginning May 5, Left Hand Brewing Co. will officially enter the greater Pittsburgh market in partnership with Frank B. Fuhrer Wholesale Co. The new market will be an extension of Left Hand’s already solid presence in Philadelphia and Eastern PA.
“Having managed sales in the Mid-Atlantic region for years, I am psyched to finally bring Left Hand beer to Western Pennsylvania,” said Dan Conway, sales representative. “The growing momentum of the brewery allows me to turn my focus exclusively to my home state of Pennsylvania. I’ve been contacted by so many fans and friends over the years and now I can finally say with authority that we’re here.”
Coming off a 32-percent barrelage increase last year with a production of 65,879 bbls, the Longmont brewery ranked 38th in volume for the craft beer industry in 2013. With production expansion in recent years, Left Hand has moved forward with opening distribution in upstate New York, Maryland and Washington, D.C., with plans to enter Iowa in the fall and market research underway for California. The brewery is on pace for 85,000 barrels in 2014.
Fuhrer Wholesale will distribute Left Hand’s perennial line and Nitro series featuring: Milk Stout and Milk Stout Nitro, Sawtooth Ale and Sawtooth Nitro, as well as 400 Pound Monkey IPA, Black Jack Porter, Polestar Pilsner, Stranger Pale Ale and Left Hand’s variety pack, Mountain Mixer. Left Hand will host a series of launch events the first week of May including a bus shuttle with Over the Bar Bicycle Café, to benefit the Pittsburgh Trail Advocacy Group. Other events include:
- 5 p.m.: Industry Happy Hour @ D’s Sixpax and Dogz
- 4 p.m.: Left Hand Tasting @ Market District Shadyside
- 5 p.m.: Left Hand Lawrenceville Bar Crawl @ Industry
- 4 p.m.: Happy Hour @ OTB Bicycle Café –South Side
- 6 p.m.: Go “Over the Bus” | Shuttle to OTB at the Boathouse
- 10 p.m.: Smokejumper Tapping @ OTB Bicycle Café – South Side
- 5 p.m.: Save the Last Glass: First Cask @ Fat Head’s Saloon
- 8 p.m.: Left Hand Comes to Hough’s @ Hough’s Taproom