MobileCanningSystems LLC, a market leader in bringing canning lines to the brewery, announced that three additional affiliates have completed training, taken delivery of their system and launched operations. This brings the number of operational MobileCanningSystems Affiliates offering mobile canning services across the United States to nine.
Based in Chattanooga, Tenn., Toucan Mobile Canning launched on Oct. 1 and covers Tennessee, Central and Northern Alabama, along with Northwest Georgia.
Land of the Sky Mobile Canning, based in Asheville, N.C., started on Oct. 21 and covers the state south of Raleigh and Greensboro as well as South Carolina.
Mid West Mobile Canning, based in Crystal Lake, Ill., completed training on Nov. 8 and is now available to provide canning services in the greater Chicago area, Southern Wisconsin, Western Indiana and Northern Illinois.
MobileCanningSystems’ affiliates deliver fast, reliable production canning services to craft breweries using a Wild Goose Canning Technologies WGC-250 canning line modified for mobility. In addition, the program provides production packaging supplies, including labeled cans, in quantities that enable smaller breweries to can beers at a minimal cost of entry. The MobileCanningSystems approach eliminates the need for craft brewers to outlay capital for canning equipment and large purchases of packaging inventory that far exceed their production needs and in-house storage capacity.
“We needed to get our product in cans,” said Suzie Ford, owner of NoDa Brewing Co. “Land of the Sky came through for us even before they were fully operational themselves, then we became their first solo production run when they canned almost 1,000 cases in two days, immediately after they returned from their training.”
MobileCanningSystems has also updated its upcoming affiliate launch timeline and added two new affiliates to the program, including its first in Canada, as follows:
- Mobile West Canning, based in San Diego and covering the greater San Diego area on Dec. 9.
- Mobile Can Man, based in Trumansburg, N.Y., will cover upstate New York and be ready on Jan. 13, 2014.
- Spokes Mobile Canning, based in Spokane, Wash., will cover eastern Washington, Idaho and Montana starting in February 2014.
- River City Cannery, based in Arlington, Va., will cover Washington D.C., Maryland, Delaware, Southern New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania starting on March 10, 2014.
- West Coast Canning, based in Vancouver, B.C., Canada, will cover the province of British Columbia starting in March 2014.
- Armadillo Mobile Canning, based in Austin, Texas, will cover Southeast Texas starting in April 2014.
“As our MobileCanningSystems Affiliate community continues to expand, the thoroughness of our training program is demonstrating its value through the level of professional canning services that our affiliates are delivering immediately upon launching their operations,” said Pat Hartman, MobileCanningSystems co-Founder and Managing Partner. “We are also delighted to see the collaboration and cooperation among the affiliates that we always anticipated would occur.”