In the United Kingdom alone, BrewDog has nearly 30 of its BrewPubs. The Aberdeenshire, Scotland-based brand has another 17 peppered throughout the world — from Barcelona to Hong Kong. Now, BrewDog wants to expand its BrewPubs and its brand presence in the United States. In fact, the company plans to open a BrewDog BrewPub in any American city where at least 500 people invest in its Equity for Punks USA crowdfunding offering.
That’s a pretty incredible statement. BrewDog is putting the choice in the hands of consumers and investors, which is a pretty cool concept. As well as serving a full range of BrewDog beers, these pubs peddle a selection of good food and coffee from artisan coffee roasters, plus a library of beery masterpieces from craft breweries from around the world. According to the press release:
- By launching one of its world-famous bars in each city that provides such investor support for the craft beer brewery, BrewDog’s nationwide U.S. expansion will create local jobs and continue its mission to promote other local craft breweries across the United States.
- BrewDog’s bar division has been a huge success worldwide, with popular locations ranging from Tokyo to Sao Paulo, London to Barcelona and Hong Kong to Rome.
- Every BrewDog bar, including the first location at the soon-to-open 110,000-sq-ft brewery in Columbus, Ohio, are places where beer and food lovers can indulge in everything that is great about craft beer.
- With knowledgeable staff that are passionately evangelical about the world of craft beer, “Beer Schools” to educate customers about beery nuances, and great food paired perfectly to the wide selection of beers on offer, BrewDog bars are a craft beer cathedrals for locals and tourists alike, acting as outposts for the brewery’s overarching mission across the planet.
- Every investor in BrewDog USA Inc. (with a minimum investment of only $95) receives equity shares in the company, owns part of the Columbus brewery and the U.S. distribution of BrewDog beer, and receives the numerous perks of being an Equity Punk including a 20 percent lifetime discount in the BrewDog USA online shop, a 5 percent discount in any BrewDog bar worldwide, and an invite to BrewDog’s notorious U.S. AGM (Annual General Mayhem) where beer and bands collide in a day-long shareholder meeting like no other.
- In addition, for each city where 500 people invest in BrewDog USA Inc., when BrewDog opens its local BrewPub, investors from the area have the opportunity to notch up the following perks:
- $10 in BrewDog “Beer Bucks” for the first 500 investors in each eligible city,
- The first 100 investors in each city will have their name permanently emblazoned on the “Wall of Punks” in their local BrewDog bar, and
- The first 500 investors in each city will be gain access to exclusive previews of new offers and launches at their local bar before anyone else.
- To help finance its U.S. expansion, in August 2016, BrewDog started its Equity for Punks USA crowdfunding offering, which received an overwhelming $1 million in the first three days of launch.