On April 8-11, 13,000 brewing industry professionals will converge for a week of mingling and education in Denver during the 2019 Craft Brewers Conference (CBC). This moving conference hosted by the Brewers Association provides independent brewers with the opportunity to connect and share ideas facing the brewing community. To celebrate this exciting week, Freshcraft, recently named Best Beer Bar in Colorado by Craftbeer.com readers, will host a series of tap takeovers and food pairings that will make any craft beer lover swoon.
“With so many beer industry professionals in town we wanted to step up our standard tap takeovers and pairings and do something special,” said Jason Forgy, owner of Freshcraft. “Events range from tap takeovers featuring breweries that have never been on tap in Colorado to informative and interactive events with some of the most highly-regarded brewers in the world.”
Freshcraft’s CBC week-long lineup:
Monday, April 8: Barn Town Brewing CBC Kick-Off Party
4 p.m. – Close
For the first time ever in Colorado, Barn Town Brewing out of Des Moines, Iowa will be taking over the taps with their full-flavored, artisan ales including:
- Neon Double Dry-Hopped New England IPA
- Barrel-Aged Cicada Killer Imperial Stout with Coconut
- Blueberry Muffin Fruited Pasty Sour with Lactose
- Chowdah Double New England IPA with Mosaic
- Hop Skewer IPA
Tuesday, April 9: Louisiana’s Finest on Tap
4:30 p.m. – Close
In conjunction with the Louisiana Brewers Guild, for one night only, four of Louisiana’s finest breweries show off a little southern hospitality. New Orleans-style eats and the following beers will be on tap including the inaugural winner of the Juicy or Hazy Pale category from the 2018 Great American Beer Festival:
- Gnarly Barley Brewing: Jucifer IPA
- Parleaux Beer Lab: Lab Czeck Pilsner and Inspector Boots Tart Saison
- Tin Roof Brewing Co.: Voodoo Pale Ale (2018 GABF gold medal winner in the Juicy or Hazy Pale Ale category)
- Urban South Brewery: Holy Roller IPA, Lime Cucumber Gose and Snowball Juice IPA
Wednesday, April 10: Food and Beer Pairing with Rudi Ghequire of Rodenbach Brewery
12 p.m. $25 per person
An extraordinary pairing with esteemed brewmaster Rudi Ghequire of Rodenbach. $25 gets you a pour of Rodenbach beer, a lunch pairing and a seat at Rudi’s table (this event is open to all but $25 gets a you a seat at Rudi’s table which is limited to 20 people). Tickets can be purchased here.
Be[er] Here Now
4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Some of Colorado’s most notorious breweries will be tapping their favorite sessionable beers alongside their rare or heavy-hitting beers. Enjoy tappings from the following:
- 4 Noses Brewing Co.: Zwicky P Zwickel Pilsner and Inherited Oak Series #2 Oak Aged Golden Sour with Blueberry and Maple
- Cerebral Brewing: International Waters Foeder Fermented Unfiltered Pilsner and Under The Stars S’Mores-inspired Imperial Milk Stout (collaboration with Mikerphone Brewing)
- Outer Range Brewing Company: Canvas Dry-Hopped Saison and Spatial Awareness Imperial/Double IPA with Sapphire and Wakatu
- WeldWerks Brewing Co.: Hefeweizen and Triple Dry-Hopped Juicy Bits
El Dorado Tap Takeover
7 – 9 p.m.
Celebrate the glory of El Dorado hops, featuring beers from Commonwealth Brewing Company, TRVE Brewing, Comrade Brewing Company, Epic Brewing Company, Great Divide Brewing Co. and Stone Brewing. Meet the growers from Washington’s CLS Farms, rub some hops and get some cool swag!
Thursday, April 11: Ice Cream Social
4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Four different ice cream flavors using your favorite beers from Station 26 Brewing Company and Surly Brewing and made right in front of your eyes with liquid nitrogen by Eskimo Bros. Nitro Ice Cream. Beer ice cream? Enough said.
- Station 26 Brewing Company: Juicy Banger, 303 Lager, Tangerine Cream and a specialty beer (TBD)
- Surly Brewing: Axeman, Rosé, Space Race Hazy IPA and Coffee Bender
Agave and Beer Pairings
7:00 p.m. – Close
Freshcraft is going out with a bang! Join them for tappings from Boulevard, Ommegang and Telluride Brewing paired with amazing agave spirits including Derrumbes San Luis Potosi and Fidencio Clasico from the Classic Distributing portfolio.
Saturday, April 20: Secret Stash Tapping
1 p.m. – Close
Freshcraft will be releasing its amazing stash of cellared beers from the conference and tapping this exclusive collection for locals to enjoy.
“We’re just going to soak up the amazing energy from CBC and have a great time,” said Forgy.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.